What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Socket G34 Opterons/DDR3 ECC Reg. memory. Offers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeloader1969

I have two 12 core (2.0 Ghz) ES Opteron G34 CPU's ZS202045TCG43. Clocked to 3.0GHz easily with turionpowercontrol on Supermicro H8DG6-F.

Reasons for selling...upgraded to 16 core ES and 4GB dimms.

Will put up for sale in the For Sale forum, but thought I would ask here first.

16GB DDR3 ECC Reg. 1333MHz memory. (Kingston 8 sticks x 2 gig each).

Make me an offer on the memory and CPU's. Don't need them sitting in my desk collecting dust.

Last edited:

MARSTG

Whoever is looking to build a cheap and powerful workstation, now is the time to jump on those parts. All you need is a decent dual socket G34 mobo, and you have a powerful workstation for video editing or 3D rendering!

freeloader1969

Whoever is looking to build a cheap and powerful workstation, now is the time to jump on those parts. All you need is a decent dual socket G34 mobo, and you have a powerful workstation for video editing or 3D rendering!
I'm amazed no one has offered to purchase them yet. Just going to be sitting in my drawer, in an anti-static bag of course, doing nothing. LOL...

Forgot to add, just don't use these CPUs in an Asus KGPE-D16 mobo. They're too picky on that board. Work absolutely beautiful and rock stable in Supermicro G34 boards though!

MARSTG

Actually you are late to the party with the Opterons, since the demise of bigadv units on Folding at Home. Googling the model it says they are the Interlagos revision, that is the edition based on Bulldozer/Piledriver architecture?

freeloader1969

Actually you are late to the party with the Opterons, since the demise of bigadv units on Folding at Home. Googling the model it says they are the Interlagos revision, that is the edition based on Bulldozer/Piledriver architecture?
Yes. 6200 series. Able to achieve good overclocks on these chips. I've had them up to 3.6GHz on Hyper 212+ coolers but didn't trust running them like that for extended periods due to the VRM design on server boards.

Cptn Vortex

is it possible to OC using that board? I know that the supermicro board oc good with the es chips not sure about the tyran boards.
I hated it when they removed the bigadv from folding when they did that I quit folding
I've got no experience with "modern" opterons or their boards since the S939 days lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitter