What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Socket P (LGA 3647) waterblocks.(haha)

Andrey

Xeons turbo depends on how hot chips do get and some Xeons do overclock, well mine does on EVGA SR-2 as a matter a fact... some 50%
OC
photo.php
I do too hope that EK, and others are thinking how to make waterblocks for those enormous XEONS. Also when you think about it this size of chips goes against laws of physics as we know it in the pc world. Don't you think its particularly peculiar that at this stage there is, beside Supermicro only one motherboard announced to accommodate W version of Skylake chips?...while there are no motherboards, beside Supermicro, with 3647 socket to be heard of yet.

BrainEater

Yea , supermicro were the only boards I saw.
I'm actually not going with a 'W' Xeon.That's for single processor workstations..I'm sure ASUS et al will come out with single cpu boards for the W Xeons, but it will take time.
I'm going with 2x Intel Xeon Gold 6144's on a supermicro X11DPi-NT.
----
It doesn't overclock at all, I don't want to anyways.
If I was watercooling it , it would just be for show.

:thumb:

BrainEater

Onwards and upwards .

4pzhWcs.jpg

That's the business end of a socket p heatsink.

4/6 holes have captive t-30 torx nuts , 2 are 'guide channels'.

The processor gets clipped to the heatsink first, with the black plastic piece, it's then attached to the mobo.
--------------

Now that I know what I'm dealing with , time to design waterblocks.Intel certainly did not make it easy this time.

:haha:

BrainEater

Did'nt go.
I did not have enough information to provide them.Now that I have chips to measure and sacrifice heastinks to play with, I'll go chat with em.

You have to remember , these chips are bleeding edge and RARE.I'm probably the only "non-big-iron" person in Canada with em......Coolit probably has never seen them.

I'm on it.

:thumb: