What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

software for deleting partitions?

Socrates_Johnston

hello all

I just purchased a thermaltake blacx HDD docking station and I require a software that can remove partitions from a hard drive.

the drive I am attempting to format originally had a win7 install on it, so there are 2 partitions: 'local disk' and 'system reserved'

a program that can scan for HDD errors and also write zeros on a drive would be best!

gingerbee

well you can use hdtune to zero fill and check for error's. but why not just format both partition from storage manager?? :thumb:

sswilson

Staff member
I was going to suggest that as well, but thought perhaps I was missing something in the translation....

If it's not your OS drive, you should have no problems using the stock OS partition manager.

sswilson

Staff member
This is the program that I hear about most when it comes to securely deleting everything on a HDD.....

http://www.dban.org/about

Use it verrryyyyy carefully though... it's designed more for folks who are recycling PCs and who want to wipe every HDD absolutely clean. I personally wouldn't have any HDDs connected that I didn't want wiped clean. ;)

fenixsaint

Acronis True Image is a nice suite but if you just need to delete a partition why not use the built in windows disk manager prog?

Latest posts