What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Sell SOLD - Two Dell Optiplex 390 Motherboards c/w CPUs & I/O Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon Fodder

I have a Dell Optiplex 390 motherboard for sale, with an i5 2400 CPU installed. I got three of these boards from another HWC member recently, and am reselling two(only 1 left now) of them. The previous member hadn't tested them, wasn't into shipping, and didn't have the I/O shields, so I've rectified those issues.

Here's the information:

Both CPU/heatsink combos have been cleaned, and had a fresh blob of Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste applied.

The BIOS on each board has been updated to the latest.

Both boards have been MOSTLY tested, i.e. I've confirmed that the following all work:
- USB ports (6 on the back & 4 via two onboard headers)
- 4 SATA ports
- 4 PCI-e slots (1 - 16x & 3 - 1x slots)
- Onboard network port
- 3 fan headers (1 CPU, & 2 system fans)
- Audio output on the back (didn't test Mic, Line In, or front panel audio header on the boards)
- Video outputs (1 HDMI & 1 VGA)
- Both RAM slots
- These boards DO mount in a common ATX case, and use ATX power supplies

I will ship these boards via Canada Post, so if interested, PM me, and include your postal code. Shipping quotes will include insurance, unless you prefer none, in which case there will be ZERO recourse if the package is lost or crushed.

Payment via EMT only, or cash is fine if picking up.

For a frame of reference, these items sell on Ebay, for the following average prices:

Bare motherboard - $40
i5 2400 - $35
I/O shields - $10 - $20, or WAY beyond

Motherboard #1 (on the left side of the pic), c/w Intel i3 2120 & I/O shield - $40.00. This board has been SOLD(on Ebay, for $50.00), so only the 2nd, higher spec'd combo below is left.

Motherboard #2, c/w Intel i5 2400 3.1Ghz, & I/O shield - $50.00

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

fitbrit

Thanks for pointing out the very important differences between your FS ad and the original seller's. You got a bargain from him, but did a ton of great work in testing everything. GLWS

Cannon Fodder

Yup, and I did all that testing while running Windows 10 Pro x64 on 2GB memory(until I later added another stick to make sure both RAM slots worked) on these boards, and I was pleasantly surprised that it ran quite well! (y)

Last edited:

the_guitarboy

Yup, and I did all that testing while running Windows 10 Pro x64 on 2GB memory(until I later added another stick to make sure both RAM slots worked) on these boards, and I was pleasantly surprised that it ran quite well! :thumb:

:punk: Glad everything works on them!

Cannon Fodder

:punk: Glad everything works on them!

Well, given the price, I wasn't risking much, even if they didn't work! :whistle: :D

I would have gotten all three from the original seller if he did ship them. You got an excellent deal and your selling prices are good.

Yes, it was an EXCELLENT deal, and yes, given the amount of time spent checkin' them out & acquiring the I/O shields, and the current selling prices of this stuff on Ebay, I do believe my prices ARE quite good. I may end up puttin' them up on Ebay as well, but I'll put the prices on there at something closer to what they currently sell for. Even if they don't sell, I'm pretty sure I can find a use for them..... (y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts