What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(SOLVED) 1080 gtx poor performance,stuttering

Jim

Installed a 1080 today (see sig) runs Battlefield titles like crap stuttering/lagging @ 1080p,The rx480 I was using ran Battlefield 4 high settings smooth as butter (60hz monitor) virtual super resolution @ 4k for real.Tried nvidias Dynamic Super Resolution with the 1080 things got much worse.AMD drivers where uninstalled. 1080 should have crushed everything in this scenario as I understand even vsync on didn't help,games are unplayable you just get killed a lot,PSU is great with lots of supply,thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:

MARSTG

I read so many issues with these cards it's amazing people still buy them.

Jim

I read so many issues with these cards it's amazing people still buy them.
I read a ton of user reviews on Amazon they were 99% favorable.I can say that the AMD software installed effortlessly,never missed a beat.The latest drivers from ZOTAC not quiet as smooth or easy to use,shit what to do...

Bartacus

I read a ton of user reviews on Amazon they were 99% favorable.I can say that the AMD software installed effortlessly,never missed a beat.The latest drivers from ZOTAC not quiet as smooth or easy to use,shit what to do...
Standard Nvidia drivers Jim. The first (and only) time I used Zotac drivers, there was some serious "engrish" going on in the driver software. I went to generic Nvidia drivers, been happy ever since!

sweenytodd

I believe they haven't fixed yet DX12 yet. It gives me a lot of stuttering in BF1 even if I have a Fury X. DX11 is the only option for now.

Lysrin

Sorry to hear that Jim. I haven't had any issues with DX12 on my ZOTAC 1070 as far as I'm aware. Don't know what sweenytodd is referring to? Maybe it is a Battlefield specific issue and not an issue with 1080s?

Install the NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA. Not sure what ZOTAC would be offering directly if that is what you mean. Maybe you did that already. I don't see why you would have that much stuttering on 1080p.

Looked up the card and there are lots of positive comments/reviews about it. These guys certainly liked it.

Latest posts

Twitter