What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(SOLVED) 1080 gtx poor performance,stuttering

Groove

Drivers | GeForce

That is where you want to get your drivers. The ones you can get from the card manufacturers are outdated most of the time.

Uninstall whatever you installed from Zotac, you can use Display Driver Uninstaller as well and then proceed with the a clean install of the NVidia ones.

Jim

I have this installed Version 378.66 - WHQL ,I ran an older version of DDU in safe mode for both nvidia and amd ,will try again with the latest DDU

Jim

It appears video drivers were never the issue,games play fine in single player mode,in multiply BF1 I noticed yellow and red symbols for packet loss ,then I noticed the HDD light was on constantly (confirmed in task manager HDD @ 100%) ,coincidence with video card installation ?

MARSTG

HDD 100% means probably is busy with the swap file? You only have 8GB RAM and probably not enough. Somebody was having the same issue with the Division, these modern games probably require 16GB for optimal performance. No SSD mentioned in your configuration, you have mechanical HDD?

KaptCrunch

what's running in the back ground ?

are the chipset drivers up to date last was

MEI: V11.0.5.1189

I see Z97-A BIOS 2801 was last

Asmedia_USB3_V1.16.35.1

intel

bad data cable?

Last edited:

Jim

HDD 100% means probably is busy with the swap file? You only have 8GB RAM and probably not enough. Somebody was having the same issue with the Division, these modern games probably require 16GB for optimal performance. No SSD mentioned in your configuration, you have mechanical HDD?
Turns out I have 21 Trojan malware infections ,suspect thats a factor,new ssd coming this week,vidoe drivers are fine cause single player BF1 runs trouble free

Last edited:

Jim

what's running in the back ground ?

are the chipset drivers up to date last was

MEI: V11.0.5.1189

I see Z97-A BIOS 2801 was last

Asmedia_USB3_V1.16.35.1

intel

bad data cable?
Lots of malware doing a clean install once a new ssd arrives,chip drives are current,cable's great point

Last edited: