What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(SOLVED) Issue dual rank configuration

Krakeniko

Hello guys,

I made a new build with:
- AsRock Fatality AB350 Gaming k4
- Ryzen 5 1600X
- G.Skill Flare X 3200 2x8gb

I have updated bios to 4.60.

I tried different ram configuration but i can't get dual rank configuration. I don't understand what is the problem :(

A1 A2: workstation switch on and switch off after many seconds continuosly
A1 B1: single rank configuration
A2 B2: single rank configuration
B1 B2: as first case

Thanks in Advance!

UPDATE: solved! I didn't try a stupid test before posting. I'm so sorry. I tried one stick at time and noticed that my build won't boot with one because it's broken... i ask for a return and now it's working with new sticks!

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
It works with 1 DIMM, at 3200mhz?

I havnt looked in to the RAM stats, but with the known Ryzen ram issues I'd suspect that, especially if you're setting the XMP to 3200. Try downclocking the RAM to 2666 or even 2400 and see if it'll boot off 1 stick, then move to 2 at the same mhz.

Edit: Jesus, I just saw the OP date. I'm shocked no one replied to this before now, not sure how I missed it.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Are you looking for dual "Ranks" or Dual "Channel"?

InkedChannel_LI.jpg

Dual Channel would be affected by what slot you put your memory into....

InkedDual Rank_LI.jpg

Dual Rank is a description of the physical makeup of the memory at a hardware level and can't be changed.

Krakeniko

It works with 1 DIMM, at 3200mhz?

I havnt looked in to the RAM stats, but with the known Ryzen ram issues I'd suspect that, especially if you're setting the XMP to 3200. Try downclocking the RAM to 2666 or even 2400 and see if it'll boot off 1 stick, then move to 2 at the same mhz.

Edit: Jesus, I just saw the OP date. I'm shocked no one replied to this before now, not sure how I missed it.
Unfortunately I received a broken stick. My bios recognized it with no problem (at 2400 Mhz but you described the right scenario). Windows and Linux recognized 16 gb ram but only usable 8. I ask for a return and now my new ram sticks work like a charm.

Don't worry about the date. This is a forum with a free help and I love it! :punk:

Twitter