What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Some interesting numbers in current events

Babrbarossa

• While the US spends 4% of its GDP on military, Suadi Arabia spends almost 9% on toys such as US patriot missiles.
  • 13.6% of Japanese are under the age of 15, which has the world's oldest population
  • 520 BILLION DOLLARS! is the sales revenue for the Japanese video game market last year- the biggest year ever: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
  • 24 million- is the value of military hardware that China sold to Sudan in 2005 which amnesty international calimed ended up in the hands of the government backed, murderous Janjaweed militia- we need to put more pressure on China (as if it does any good).....
  • .....While almost half of the world's weapons total have been sold by the US to developing countries such as Pakistan and Kuwait in 2005 to the tune of 8.1 BILLION USD!!:shok: (but ti's ok, they're the good guys, right?)
Source: Time Magazine

Babrbarossa

Nope- 520 billion bucks- I'd give you a link, but it's from a subscription paperback- looking at it right now; just to verify.

Babrbarossa

Went I went to bed last night, I thought about it for a few minutes and laughed to myself. That's one ninth of their entire GDP: absolutely impossible! It didn't take much thinking to realize that Time made a boo-boo and screwed up Dollars for Yen, so you're initial instincts were right.

I looked it up this morning to see if I could find out for sure- here's a link: 520 Billion Yen This is only about 5 billion dollars.

EDIT: hmmm...on closer inspection, those figures are for Sega alone- maybe it is $520 billion- still seems to high though considering their entire GDP is $4,400 billion

Last edited:

Mars

It must be 520 billion yen, the Japanese market is (or at least was, for all the years I could find hard numbers for) smaller than the US market, which is some figure below $10 billion USD/year.

520 billion Yen = ~$4.3 Billion USD

Latest posts

Twitter