What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Some questions about Z68 video

Lanboy

Banned
ok let say I purchase a motherboard like this GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and I put a GTX 580 on it, from what I read it will use the CPU onboard GPU if I Google and it will switch to the 580 if I game, is this right ? and second; if I'm gaming , is the onboard DVI disable, if not and a monitor is on it , can I still see what on this monitor, I ask because on my actual 480 multi monitor setup, I loos the other monitor when I game. If not are they other avantage to have a z68 compare to a H67 ?

Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Borg

Banned
I think it sounds right, more or less. There's that 'virtualization' (Virtu Lucid) that is supposed to allow switching graphics on the fly? Or simultaneous functioning so you could game with an ATI or Nvidia card while the Intel one is transcoding/decoding video...

The advantage to the Z68 is only if you get one that includes video output so you can utilize the SB Intel graphics. With that feature, you can also get a -K cpu (e.g. 2500-K) which would then allow for both the integrated graphics and overclocking of the cpu. The H67 boards can't overclock any of the processors or at least, not anywhere close to the same performance.

Here's what I read on another forum:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=344857

That should answer your question if it's accurate enough.

I think the H67 mobo is good if on a strict budget and you won't ever consider overclocking and if not using a discrete card.

Z68 mobo with video output seems to give the most options but at the most cost. They still seem expensive to me with not much benefit although it's way more versatile.

importpsycho

with just one monitor
both outputs from onboard and discrete video card connect to sigle monitor?
or do I manually swap cable from back of my computer? lol...

YukonTrooper

With the ability of modern GPU's to aggressively downclock frequencies in 2D mode, thereby significantly dropping power consumption, Z68's hybrid graphic function seems more like a novelty than anything else.

As always, just my opinion. :biggrin:

_dangtx_

Banned
kind of right on.

im running ati onboard,but can switch to the 460 for exemple with a couple
clicks and game on it(main monitor must be on the gaming card)
...the difference with the above beeing...hmm....no idea.

Solace

in the future the gpu will be able to do more then just transcoding/encoding. difference between h67 and z68 is simply the overclocking potential in the p67 is including in the z68 in a nutshell.

Latest posts