What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Soul's MSI Z77 MPower Review and Mod

Soullessone21

I'd like to thank MSI for making a amazing board that for me is the last straw the total win the end of Asus boards for Soullessone. After the fun I had with my review testing rigs Z77A-GD55 motherboard I knew it was time to keep the MSI train rolling.

I have as of today a Z77 MPower coupled with 2 Corsair Neutron Series 240GB SSD's and my tested and true 670 from Asus*Cough*Msi I would love 2 660 ti or not *Cough*

So over the next few days send me your requests what do you want tested what do you wanna know or what do you wanna see with this fine board. Oh and I am using a 3770k Cpu with this beauty soon to be in a intel closed loop cooler but that requires taking apart my mini gamer that is due fs this weekend.

So stay tuned and I will post some specs results and fun with the new toy.
20120918_204637_zps74091e77.jpg

20120918_204644_zpsc0950e60.jpg

Good bye Z77-GA55 hello MPower!
20120919_213333_zps0c2e3ffb.jpg

Got the system up and going did some tests on it, The board is a OC king.

The new bios (Pix inbound) is a work of art, it is far easier to OC then the ROG bios due to the fact u can set exact amounts and lock them in where Asus likes to tinker with your numbers on restart.

I run the CPU at 5Ghz Stable on only the small Intel LGA2011 Watercooler.

Due to the Fact I loved my 660ti PE so much I ordered 1 more and sold the Asus 670, So the System is currently for 2 more days without a Dedicated GPU but that will not stop me from testing it.
20120919_213339.jpg

The Two Towers of Power

20120930_144322.jpg

The Mpower Ultra Mod is starting this weekend and due to a life change at the end of this month I will have far more time to start a major mod more or less just to show up my buddies at ROG :p

Stay tuned for a full review and benchmark results I promise this will be another game changer of a board:punk:

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
The Big Bang is a aesthetically pleasing board. Finally using a matte black soldering mask. Shame the other is still using brown.

Master_Shake_

that is one pretty board.

on an unrelated topic, when are motherboard manufacturers going to give you options for chanign the color of a board's accents...like include different pieces for accent colors.

Pabz0r545

that is one pretty board.

on an unrelated topic, when are motherboard manufacturers going to give you options for chanign the color of a board's accents...like include different pieces for accent colors.

That would be pretty awesome. I would love to see this.

Soullessone21

Got a few msgs asking about how the lucid vitru works on this guy on other forums both on amd and nvidia sadly I only have the 670 and a 7870 from asus to do these tests with but I will post results throughout the week as well as try the on board BT out and wireless for gaming just to see if it works well at all.

It went in the case no issues at all and looks great pix to follow

Generic User #2

these are the hand-tested OC boards right?

they look great...i just iwsh they didn't have the BIG BANG and MILITARY CLASS labelling on the heatsinks.

Latest posts