What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sound Card for Audio Technica AD700's

ToN

Hello I just found this forum and it seemed like an awesome place to ask you guys what sound card I just purchase for my AD700's I just bought. I have been looking online and it seems to me the main competition are the Asus Xonar, X-fi Music or Xtremegamer, or Auzentech Forte. I want to use them for mainly listening to Trance with a little bit of rock as well as gaming (mainly rts's). Also I was wondering where you guys generally buy such things. I was thinking Canada Computers or Amazon or something along those lines. Thanks in advance ToN.

Seldszar

The Xonar is a good audio card for cheap. I had it but changed it. Right now I am using and Essence STX from Asus and it is better but also more expensive. You won't have EAX and stuff on that or not as good as creative.

I would chose the Forte or Essence STX. You can go on headfi.org as well to learn more, it is an audiophile community.

ToN

Ok cool yeah i have done about 10 hours of reading on there before I finally chose my AD700's but I couldn't find as much info on sound card. Thanks for the recommendations. I will look closer into these 2 cards.

edit: I was basically wondering how much source I could get out of my audio technica's, what the economic buy was and the best value buy. I take it the xonar as the economic buy, the other 2 you recommended as the value buy.

Latest posts

Twitter