What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sound Card for Sennheiser PC350 Headphones

Syntax

Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser PC350 Headphones. I'm quite happy with them but am currently using the on board sound provided via an Asus p6t deluxe V2 Motherboard (i7 920 build / Haf 932 Coolermaster Case).

A friend mentioned that the on board sound probably would not do the head phones much justice, I was wondering what your thoughts were on that?

According to the Asus website they use:

ADI® AD2000B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Support Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Coaxial / Optical S/PDIF out ports at back I/O

Also, I saw this sound card over at NCIX

NCIX.com - Buy AuzenTech X-PLOSION Cinema 7.1 Sound Card DTS Connect Dolby Digital Live Sound Card PCI 32BIT - AZT-XPCINE In Canada.

Its reviewed well, and was wondering if it wold be a good fit for the headphones and if I'd see that much of an improvement?

I will probably want to use SLI in the future (currently using only one graphics card) so this shouldnt interfere?

P6T Deluxe v2 has:

3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (at x16/x16/x1 or x16/x8/x8 mode)
1 x PCIe x4
2 x PCI

Going to be mostly used for gaming.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MpG

Honestly, I find the PC350's to be pretty forgiving, but they need just a little more power than onboard sound offers. I ran them off an Auzen Prelude for some time, and was quite happy with their performance. I don't have any experience myself with that card, but by the numbers, it should put out enough power to do a better job of driving those headphones.

Twitter