What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sound goes wonkie after a couple days.

Gonzo

Do you have the onboard disabled in bios? If "no" then disable it in bios, if "yes" then maybe enable it in bios but disable it in device manager? How about the HD audio off of the video card? Do you use it? If not, again try disabling it in device manager.

Make sure you've uninstalled all drivers for the onboard audio. (ccleaner is supposed to be safe again.... ;) ).

If it were my PC I"d focus on possible hardware conflicts first.
I disabled onboard in the BIOS with no effect. I don't use HD Audio on Video Card but it is disabled in Playback Devices.

I use onboard sound for my Roccat Kave Headphones and Audigy RX for my 5.1 speakers.

Gonzo

I have similar issues with my system after a while ( sometimes day or week) , I have reinstalled the drivers a few times. mind you my on board sound also stopped working that happened as soon as I switched Video card from my old Nvid card to a new ATI card and I was using win8.1 then I installed a sound card sound worked good but then I upgraded to win10 uninstalled the sound card thinking that win10 might fix the onboard sound but my onboard sound still didn't work so I installed a sound card I had around which worked but my sound card goes wonky I never had this problem before I upgraded to windows 10.
I am starting to think this is a Win 10 problem and not a device issue.

Gonzo

For sure the problem only arises when I hibernate the computer.