What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sound goes wonkie after a couple days.

Gonzo

CPU/ AMD FX 8320
MB/Gigabyte GA-970-Gaming Sli
PSU/EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
Ram/G.Skill F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL
Video/Sapphire Radeon R7 265
Audio/Audigy Rx
OS/Windows 10 Home

So every couple days the sound on my computer goes all static and distorted. To fix it I have to reboot the computer. Thought it was a bad soundcard and swapped out X-Fi Platinum PCI with a Audigy RX PCI-e. Only difference with this is the sound would make loud popping and screeching sounds just as the sound would get all messed up with the X-Fi. All drivers and updated are current.

PSU and Soundcard replaced last week.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

I have similar issues with my system after a while ( sometimes day or week) , I have reinstalled the drivers a few times. mind you my on board sound also stopped working that happened as soon as I switched Video card from my old Nvid card to a new ATI card and I was using win8.1 then I installed a sound card sound worked good but then I upgraded to win10 uninstalled the sound card thinking that win10 might fix the onboard sound but my onboard sound still didn't work so I installed a sound card I had around which worked but my sound card goes wonky I never had this problem before I upgraded to windows 10.

Lpfan4ever

I've been fighting with this since Win8 with my Forte. Rather than reboot, I just go into the playback device configuration, change it to quadraphonic, then back to stereo. Just a bandaid till the next time obviously. I can't seem to find out what is even causing it other than mostly having it happen when exiting a fullscreen game.

KaptCrunch

I would check the wall socket for ground and system updates

also check case audio connections ( try with out it hooked up )

Gonzo

I have similar issues with my system after a while ( sometimes day or week) , I have reinstalled the drivers a few times. mind you my on board sound also stopped working that happened as soon as I switched Video card from my old Nvid card to a new ATI card and I was using win8.1 then I installed a sound card sound worked good but then I upgraded to win10 uninstalled the sound card thinking that win10 might fix the onboard sound but my onboard sound still didn't work so I installed a sound card I had around which worked but my sound card goes wonky I never had this problem before I upgraded to windows 10.
\

I haven't checked if my onboard sound is effected. Will check next time sound goes wonky.

Gonzo

I've been fighting with this since Win8 with my Forte. Rather than reboot, I just go into the playback device configuration, change it to quadraphonic, then back to stereo. Just a bandaid till the next time obviously. I can't seem to find out what is even causing it other than mostly having it happen when exiting a fullscreen game.
I will try that next time my sound messes up. Better than rebooting.

supaflyx3

Have you tried using onboard? It's likely just as good or better than those soundcards provided you don't need a headphone amp

sswilson

Staff member
Do you have the onboard disabled in bios? If "no" then disable it in bios, if "yes" then maybe enable it in bios but disable it in device manager? How about the HD audio off of the video card? Do you use it? If not, again try disabling it in device manager.

Make sure you've uninstalled all drivers for the onboard audio. (ccleaner is supposed to be safe again.... ;) ).

If it were my PC I"d focus on possible hardware conflicts first.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Do you have the onboard disabled in bios? If "no" then disable it in bios, if "yes" then maybe enable it in bios but disable it in device manager? How about the HD audio off of the video card? Do you use it? If not, again try disabling it in device manager.

Make sure you've uninstalled all drivers for the onboard audio. (ccleaner is supposed to be safe again.... ;) ).

If it were my PC I"d focus on possible hardware conflicts first.

Agree with the wilson-ator. Id pull the add-in and use the onboard for a while and see if it still does it. This does sound like a hardware & driver conflict to me.

Gonzo

Agree with the wilson-ator. Id pull the add-in and use the onboard for a while and see if it still does it. This does sound like a hardware & driver conflict to me.

I am starting to think this is a software problem associated with Hibernate Function. Will know in a couple days as I am now using Shut Down.

Latest posts