What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

soundcard recommended?

enzeo

Hey guys,

is mobo (ASUS P5B-PLUS) sound-card sufficient quality for game, music, and movies? or do you suggest buying a separate sound-card to take the load off the CPU?

Cheers

CMetaphor

Quadfather
For creative fans you might want to check out their open box/ refurb ebay store. Thats where i got my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Pro Platinum for less than Half the regular retail (although they dont make them anymore, its still an amazing card - 6.1, spdif/fiber optic in and out, midi in/out, instrument in, mic in, headphone volume, mic gain, etc etc etc The audiophiles dream card)

mo' power

No kidding! That's where I bought my Audigy 2 ZS. Dirt cheap. I waited until the vista drivers were no longer beta before buying.

enzeo

Hmm.... I was thinking more in the line of Turtle Beach Montego 7.1 ($55 + - )... I will check out that ebay site tonight and report back on my findings.

Cheers