What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Speaker recommendations

Prickly007

mGz

+1 for the CAM recommendation

Great place to buy audio equipment.

JD

Staff member
Many thanks. You found a local shop that carries budget equipment... I spent almost an hour on Google looking for AV stores in metro-Vancouver and only ever came up with high end stores. Return policy is only thirty days compared to Crutchfield's sixty days, but I can live with that (as there wouldn't be any shipping charges).
Not local to you, but I've had no issues with "B-Stock" from Gibby's as well. The Denon AVR-X2400H I got for my living room seemed brand new (even smelled like it :haha:)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
well, with most of our gear we are far from 'audiophile' equipment... heck, even my Lynn Sondek turntable is stored because i dont have an amp worthy of that name to drive my Lynn Kans. Anyway. For those Klipschs, i would not be too concerned about your amp selection - AVR or integrated.

If you want to drop some mid-range gear coin, how about emotiva?

Mr. Friendly

what do you consider mid-range coin, Charlie?

$1200 isn't a lot of money, in my books, for audio equipment...and a store I know in Vancouver, Pat's Audio, he's got the LS50's on for $1199!

but, I've got my Yu 6's and my S9's...so I have no reason to buy them right now. looking forward to trying them out with my DragonFly Red DAC.

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

that's definitely audiophile territory. granted, it's the low end, as in scraping the bottom of the barrel. I've seen guys walk out of Pat's Audio with gear running in the hundred's of thousands. :shok:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
and your point is? i have listened to MacIntosh / Martin Logan systems worth upwards of 500k at Audio de la Montagne, with an audio room built on purpose... but for us audiophiles living and working our ******* butts off on Earth, yeah 3k-5k$ for 2 components may be considered 'mid-range'.

Mr. Friendly

well, being that there is gear that costs hundreds of thousands, a $3 - 5K budget definitely doesn't fit mid-priced audiophile equipment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter