What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Speedfan Beta 18 released

burebista

Speedfan's fan control isn't used all that much any more as any newer board is going to have settings for fan control in bios.
Agree...somehow. :biggrin:
For me SpeedFan is better than BIOS fan control because I can link different fans to different temperatures and I can fine-tune RPM's from 0 to 100%.
For example my exhaust fan is linked by CPU temperature and my middle intake fan (P182 case) is linked by GPU temperature.

CasheKicker Core temperature is your, aaa, core temperature. :doh: In fact CPU is your CPU temperature read from socket sensor and core temperature is read directly from die (via a register in CPU's NB).
If you're curious take CoreTemp and see your core temp.
And about others temps, run Everest and see how it labels them.

Last edited:

CasheKicker

OK I think I found a setup that identifies all my Temps. Finally, of course there is no garentee that the user that made this format is correct.

So it looks like:
CPU Internal #1
CPU Internal #2
CPU Diode
MB
NB
HDD1 (Raptor 150g)
HDD2 (Caviar 250g)

I will be trying some better coolers this week after I pick them up from A friend and see if they corespond to my setup. Guess thats the best wat to tell.

Well it gives me something to go with.

CasheKicker

Well I thought I had a good profile. Turns out it names the sensor locations (Possible correct) but for some odd reason it shuts down my CPU fan. WTF!!!! Fortunately for me I had ASUS probe running at the same time and it sounded of the alarm, as I was also running Prime95. Within seconds my CPU temp started to shoot up. Fortunately I shut down before it got to hot. At 1st I thought my fan had gave up the ghost. Did a reboot ant it started up NP. So I then started speed fan again, with the same profile. Within seconds my CPU Fan powered down. AGhhhh WTF. So I reloaded a new profile, lost the sensor info but at least the fan still runs.

Why would this happen, somebody trying to sabotage a sys?

sswilson

Staff member
That's pretty bizzare!!!

I suppose it's possible that somebody set up the profile for that, but it's the first time I've heard of it.

What you can do, is change the names of the profiles if you know what they are.

Latest posts