What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Spring Has Officially Arrived

sswilson

Staff member
Well the 1st day f spring does not really have anything to do with weather or ground hogs. :canadianwave:

Simply put Spring or the Vernal Equinox occurs when the sun crosses directly over the equator.

Translated literally, eqinox means "equal night." Because the sun is positioned above the equator, day and night are about equal in length all over the world during the equinoxes. A second equinox occurs each year on September 22 or 23; in 2009, it will be on September 22 at 17:18 P.M. EDT (21:18 UT). This date will mark the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the vernal equinox in the Southern (vernal denotes "spring").

What his does mean is we can certainly expect summer to arrive much later this year. :clap:

Oh and we have had about 10-15 cm of snow in halifax over the last 24hrs. :censored:

As much as I hate to revel in somebody's misfortune, I have to admit that the crappy winter you folks had in HFX made my first winter in the hub city a lot easier to take.... :)

How many days??????? :)

chrisk

Folding Captain
Saw a news report about Halifax...ouch. Had 20cm last weekend in my old town back in NF. I miss home, but not the weather.

Grass is slowly turning green in the backyard here in S Ontario. Photosynthesis is a sign of spring is it not?

Chilly

It was nice today, 10-12c, sunny, and a small cool breeze. I'm liking it, summer is near! Good, sweater weather.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
Spring, yeah right, snowed Monday, noreaster yesterday, probably close to a fresh foot of snow on the ground. (that's what I get for putting away the shovels on Sunday)

misterlarry

Welcome to the May long weekend blizzard. An almost annual occurrence here in sunny Alberta. Gotta drive to Calgary today. Will probably take about six plus hours instead of four and a half. Oh well, the sooner I leave, the sooner I'll get there.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Chos3n

Well yesterday was a nice day here in Montreal, but still so cold... The temperatures should be around 20 degrees... I mean we are soon in the month of June so I expect temperatures to go higher!

Latest posts