What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Squadron's Single Player Story Line Released

Lysrin

"No plans" for Star Wars: Squadrons DLC or extra modes, EA says.

How/why did EA get the Star Wars licence? :mad:

Well.... now I just really don't understand this game...

Man it's frustrating when you have high hopes for a game and it just isn't there. I know. Not new and should be used to it by now but still frustrating.

Lysrin

Well I did buy this game in a Epic sale as you know. And when I started playing the first couple of missions I wasn't overly impressed. But I have to admit it is growing on me and I am enjoying the single player. The characters are really not great, and the fact that there isn't any dialog choices or options is an opportunity lost I think. I also think that making your Imperial squad mates look like a punk rock band is just plain stupid. It's the Empire for Pete sake! They are a military organization!! We don't need people with half-shaved heads and pony tails and the like! Makes NO sense. Anyhoo... the missions themselves are fun, the back and forth between Rebel and Imperial is less jarring than I expected, and the graphics get pretty good after you get out of the tutorial missions.

Still not worth the full original price I wouldn't say. But if you like Star Wars, the ship combat is fun in single player and worth a decent sale price entry cost.

Lysrin

I am very happy to report that native TrackIR support has been added to Squadrons and it works very well!

Being able to freely look around inside the Star Wars cockpits is pretty darn cool. VR players would have experienced this already but TrackIR is a much appreciated addition. It's pretty neat how more alive it makes any sim game feel.

Latest posts