What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Squadron's Single Player Story Line Released

Lysrin

yeh, saw pricing on their site after I commented. not used to D2C, so wasn't expecting pricing to show unless it was MSRP.

Yeah, it isn't bad pricing if you're a sim fan. Compared to the prices of sim gear as we have talked about on here in other threads.

Prickly007

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
So? Any reviews? I took a quick look around the net, and things seem promising...

I'm not buying an EA game until I know its actually good and worth the money.

Entz

I would give it a week or so to allow for patches given that it is EA anyways.

I do wish the single player was longer, as that has always been the draw of the X-Wing / Tie fighter games but I can see them wanting multiplayer so they can add map "Expansions" later or something.

This will be an amazing game for people with VR headsets, however given the ridiculous backorder period for Index' (Average is 4 months right now!) at a minimum it will be in a 9$ humble bundle by then. G2 maybe if it doesn't get instantly sold out.

FreeKnight

I would give it a week or so to allow for patches given that it is EA anyways.

I do wish the single player was longer, as that has always been the draw of the X-Wing / Tie fighter games but I can see them wanting multiplayer so they can add map "Expansions" later or something.

This will be an amazing game for people with VR headsets, however given the ridiculous backorder period for Index' (Average is 4 months right now!) at a minimum it will be in a 9$ humble bundle by then. G2 maybe if it doesn't get instantly sold out.
I'm midly interested in this game. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but they've had some great games (KOTOR I&II, Tie-Fighter, X-Wing, Rogue Squadron), and I played the snot out of X-wing as a kid, but I'm not all that interested in online multiplayer. A longer single player is way more interesting to me, or even an expansion/season pass.

Maybe I'll give the MP a try eventually if I get it, but can't help but feel it'll be full of gatcha, loot boxes or 'pay to progress' knowing EA. Maybe I'll be wrong, but even ME3's multiplayer felt like an endless game of chance just to get the 2 or 3 unlocks you actually wanted.

I am curious how the mouse and keyboard vs gamepad vs HOTAS/HOSAS will play out and if one ends up giving a ton of advantage over the others.

Lysrin

Well this is not encouraging re. HOTAS on PC. Seems big issues with stick dead zones.

I agree with Mack, how could anyone have tested this on PC and said "Yup... Perfect!" Very weird. Maybe just something with his set up but he's using an X52 Pro looks like. Not an obscure or unknown HOTAS. Will get patched surely but still....

sswilson

Staff member
Wow!!!

> Ok, so we've got the game in the can for console and the 3 months we spent fine tuning the controller functions really shine through in a great console experience.....

>2 days later< Oh shit... we didn't think to put any time into the PC controls, PCMR is gonna rip us a new one......

>6 hours after that< Don't worry, I found this script over on github that automatically transforms controller input commands over to KB/M, and it even has an option to adapt the code for HOTAS. We'll just go with that and call it a day...

Prickly007

So? Any reviews? I took a quick look around the net, and things seem promising...

Published reviews from gaming websites seem a lot more positive than Steam user reviews, which are only sixty-eight percent positive. Lots of complaints that the single player "story" is just another long form tutorial (as was the case in SW: BattleFront II), shallow power management system , etc, etc.

No way I am playing full price....

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Published reviews from gaming websites seem a lot more positive than Steam user reviews, which are only sixty-eight percent positive. Lots of complaints that the single player "story" is just another long form tutorial (as was the case in SW: BattleFront II), shallow power management system , etc, etc.

No way I am playing full price....

Thanks for the f/u. I'll wait, or find another way...

Latest posts