What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SSD and internet connection.

Goon3d

Any of you have experienced losing internet connection caused by an SSD or Shaw SMC wireless modem are just straight garbage?

Goon3d

Do you have another computer to test your SSD theory? Sounds like SMC is just crap if Google prove to be correct.

NCIX FORUMS - shaw and its wireless modem
I don't, I know for a fact that I lose internet connection atleast twice a day, but that is when I still have a mechanical HDD, when that happens I just reconnect to my neighbors modem. Now, I can barely stay online on both network, and the connection are very poor.

JMCD

The SMC has an ok modem in it, but the built in router is utter crap. If you are using the router functions and do not have the device in bridge mode, there is your problem.

supaflyx3

The SMC has an ok modem in it, but the built in router is utter crap. If you are using the router functions and do not have the device in bridge mode, there is your problem.
+1 my internet was dropping all the time on my smc modem until i put it in bridge mode and bought a router.

Goon3d

Thanks for all the reply.
What exactly is bridge mode? Do I still need to buy a wireless router or can I still connect without one?

supaflyx3

Bridge mode is where your modem is acting just as a modem, the routing part of it is disabled. And yes you'd need to buy a router, and no you can not use it without one in bridge mode.

Scurvy42

I was wondering about Bridge Mode myself. Are there any downsides, other than the phone-hold time w/ Shaw support?

Goon3d

I will be getting a new Cisco modem to replace my old SMC for free, I wonder if the Cisco modem wireless feature is better than SMC?

Latest posts

Twitter