What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SSD and M.2 NVMe question

Izerous

Folding Team
After I looked around, for my use I found no reason to upgrade from a good SATA SSD to a NVME, but I'm also frugal, so it takes a bit to convince me.
Form factor and wire management. It sure is nice not having a single sata cable in my whole tower. NVMe is signficiantly faster than 2.5in SSD but most users won't notice the difference as it isn't night and day difference like platter to SSD was.

Dwayne

Hardware Unboxed did a couple of videos on storage. Quite well done with lots of comparison and real world stuff. Here is one of them.

rjbarker

When I built my current system a year and half ago, went to a Samsung M.2 Nvme 500G drive for my boot drive, what difference coming off of a Samsung SSD SATA...like night n day!!!! I currently have 2 of them on my Asus MXI Extreme Board....one for Boot and one for Steam / Origin / Uplay etc

Latest posts