What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SSD "Bait and Switch"

sswilson

Staff member
Can you explain that? I was under the impression Samsung's Canadian RMA procedure was fixed....according to their reps.
Like Sky I've heard that Samsung's RMA system has gotten a lot better. And aren't Intel and Crucial supposed to be pretty good on their RMA process. Last SSD I had to RMA was an OCZ (pre-toshiba buyout) and it was absolutely painless.

And in fairness to NCIX, they're hardly the only ones stocking Samsung drives, they've long been available at MemEx and I think CC has had them for a while. Can't speak for Tiger direct since I only hit their site once every couple of years.
Can somebody officially confirm this? What's the current status WRT Canadian Samsung SSD RMA? Do we know for certain that a Canadian purchased SSD can be easily processed?

Do they have a canadian RMA or is it in the US? If it's in the US, do they pay shipping or do we?

I haven't even considered buying a Samsung SSD since the initial issues surfaced because I hadn't officially heard of any change. (Yes I know there's one in my sig, but that came second hand with a laptop.... ;) ).

Twitter