What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

standoffs stuck on motherboard

icepizza

So I'm switching to a HAF 932 now and on my MB there is standoffs attached to screws. I got a few off but some others seem to be stuck so I can't install my MB just yet. Any ideas on how to get them off OR can I somehow install it with them on? thanks

Sagath

Staff member
So I'm switching to a HAF 932 now and on my MB there is standoffs attached to screws. I got a few off but some others seem to be stuck so I can't install my MB just yet. Any ideas on how to get them off OR can I somehow install it with them on? thanks
Grab some sockets and/or pliers? Whatever you do, dont install the mobo with standoffs in the wrong spot. You'll just fry/bust your board.

KaptCrunch

most likly that happened .....wrong screws were used to mount MB, cross threading an jamming them in stand off

MpG

Agreed - you'd think a stupid little thing like motherboard standoffs/screws would have been standardized by this point.

Zero82z

Banned
Agreed - you'd think a stupid little thing like motherboard standoffs/screws would have been standardized by this point.
They are standardized. Almost all cases use 6-32 UNC screws for that. A notable exception is Lian-Li, who use metric M3-0.5 screws instead.

Latest posts

Twitter