What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Stanford Makes Announcement On Shortage Of WU's - Updated 2x

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
OH the Humanity!
My bigadv client was pulling in A3 SMP units this morning after finishing its last WU!

Fox: that is what everyone is seeing when they cannot retrieve a new workunit.. just let it go.. in 30-60 minutes it should pick one up.

chrisk

Folding Captain
OH the Humanity!
My bigadv client was pulling in A3 SMP units this morning after finishing its last WU!

Fox: that is what everyone is seeing when they cannot retrieve a new workunit.. just let it go.. in 30-60 minutes it should pick one up.

Yeah the two SMP2 clients I have running for our Chimp Challenge user has been getting lots of them the past day or so. Sucks, but it makes me happy that we got the bonus setup now, as it would suck far more after the CC starts and we were trying to qualify for the bonus.

gingerbee

well it seems my complaints where right this is what happened to me for about 2 weeks that's why i stopped vr folding my machines would should sit there with the same things doing nothing at all waiting for there servers ( i am not a folding person so please don't freak out when i am not looking to give it all i got cause i don't have time at all to give to this trying to help when i can is all :biggrin:)

chrisk

Folding Captain
From time to time you will get a regular WU on a bigadv rig. I have seen it on both my rigs. Just picks up one, and then it will grab a bigadv next time.

LCB001

I've added this to the original post as well.

Prof. Pande posted the following on his blog today concerning the WU shortage;

We had some WU shortages over the weekend, but for the most part handled the biggest demands. However, we still have shortages for certain types of WUs, especially for pre-v6 clients.
We are working to add more A3 WUs as well as more staff members to prepare A3 WU projects.
Several new classic WUs came on line. Also, once the protomol core (B4) gets more broad code applicability to older hardware (eg pre SSE), those WUs will be able to roll out more broadly as well.

crazyhorsejohnny

sswilson, what kind of PPD are getting with your 4x 9800gt ? Reason I ask is I'v noticed the price of some have dropped recently and I wonder how they would compare to 4x 240gt ddr5.

Latest posts