What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Star Citizen

FreeKnight

To me, personally, its about longevity.
My tools will be with me all things being equal for the next 20 years.
Hell, my Wrench / Socket set (Pro series) cost me a small fortune. But they are still here and doing their thing. My 2 project cars are also appreciating each and every year I own them. There is value there.

There is not a single game from 20 years ago that I play. Not one.

I can't envision spending thousands on something Ethereal that I will never hold, touch, or actually own.
Sure, I'll support a title I like, with small purchases (and always have) but what I have seen offered my SC and its ilk is a little extreme. For something that is 10+ years in Development.

-ST
That's one where I actually feel differently. Every couple of years I go and play through some old CRPGs like Darksun or Quest for Glory or SNES ones.

Though I'm not sure if that'd be an option with SC since I think it's perpetually online/MMO (with S42 as single player). Though this could be like WoW and somehow still going 20 years later.

enaberif

Well if anyone wants to add me in the game just look up fbane for a player. I'm also in an org and if you want to join I can send you the discord link.

Soultribunal

Staff member
That's one where I actually feel differently. Every couple of years I go and play through some old CRPGs like Darksun or Quest for Glory or SNES ones.

Though I'm not sure if that'd be an option with SC since I think it's perpetually online/MMO (with S42 as single player). Though this could be like WoW and somehow still going 20 years later.

Some games like WoW and Eve do have that longevity, but not necessarily the draw to keep the same players in it for the long haul to grab the same kind of money.
I've been in both and, yes I have played my heart out on both. But then time goes on, and there are better things out there.
Or, you have some games where I am Alpha, Beta, and invest a bit but the game direction swings wildly to a point where it is not enjoyable so I'd rather not be 'invested' heavily with money like some people have.

Certainly for one of us ;)

I'll need crew for my Carrack at some point, so I'll save you a seat buddy!

Once it really truly is a persistent and stable thing, I'm more than willing to try it.
I've never been a detractor, just a critic of the dev cycle and the absolute amount of money they have requested for somethings.

-ST

enaberif

I really have to wonder how long its been since people actually played. I stopped playing for a year and 30ks were pretty common that time ago.

In the last 2 or 3 weeks I've been playing and even during the IAE I think I had 2? Maybe 1? It wasn't that many.

So I consider anything that I can jump into and play for 2 or 3 hours without any major issues or interruptions stable.

Lysrin

3.22.0 Update to alpha

Big patch :)
Yes indeed. Structural salvage is neat. Not what I completely want salvage to be in the long run, but a good improvment over just hull scraping, and I do enjoy salvage more than mining.

A lot more stuff added in this update too. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...ad/star-citizen-alpha-3-22-0-live-patch-notes

Here's the launch video:

Also in the latest Inside Star Citizen (ISC), they identified all the things planned for release in the first quarter, and first six months of 2024, with alpha 4.0 and the Pyro Star System planned for summer 2024. Pretty exciting year ahead! (y)

Here is the ISC video, past the talk about new ships in 3.22, and at the point where he details 2024:

enaberif

Updated and been playing. Don't feel yet anything really changed for me. ATC is still bugged for landing. Woman are running around in their underwear at Lorville.

Going to try my hand at salvage but wanted to get away from Crusader first.

Latest posts