What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Star Citizen

Lysrin

Nope! :D As long as we keep saying Alpha releases I would suggest is isn't a game yet.

Big strides happening in gameplay, locations, systems, etc. but big strides bring with them bugs. There is starting to be more persistence now and less wipes with patches but that aspect still isn't quite where I would like it to be. But at least now you can rent ships in game, buy ship equipment, gear, food/drink, etc. and earn credits and they persist. You can actually accomplish something now beyond bug testing. There will still have to be wipes obviously because the game isn't close to balanced and all the systems aren't in yet, but at least it rewards play time better at this point.

Fun to be had, with patience if you play now, but not a full game yet.

Lysrin

Actually a better answer @Soultribunal is this video. If you don't play this will be a lot of info in a short period of time. However this is actually a good overview of how much of a game there is in alpha 3.9. Then you can judge for yourself if there is enough there for it to be a game for you. It is for me.

BoredGamer - Tips for SC alpha 3.9

Soultribunal

Staff member
Okay I'll have to take a look. I wonder if the world will end before this is in Beta? I'd really like this to be a full game one day.
Luckily I haven't invested a dime in it as of yet. Unlike a LOT of people I know.

-ST

Lysrin

I think it will be a full game before it is fully finished to the vision, if that makes any sense.

If you look at the effort put into each planet/moon, landing location, and even procedurally generated items (like some of the standard space stations for example), and then you compare that with the star map on their website and what they plan to implement overtime, it's pretty darn amazing. It won't have millions of star systems like Elite Dangerous, but if at "launch" they had even 15-20 systems fully fleshed out like what they currently have in game I would argue that will already be more game play than Elite has. And I am a fan of Elite too.

Lysrin

Invictus Fleet Week is happening. Ships for sale, yada yada :) However anything sold as part of this week's sale has 120 months of insurance.

But there is a Javalin and Idris in game (no not flyable) in orbit and travelling around the Stanton system that you can have a look at from outside to see scale, etc.