What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Star Citizen

Alwaysrun

New year new Alpha 3.8.1. I played for 3 days straight with friends and we all came to the same conclusion that this game is nowhere near being finished. We were all backers of various degrees back in 2013, me at $120 to our leader who is into it for close to $3000 USD. The game is still an absolute mess and what's worse it feels lifeless, an expansive galactic wasteland of disjointed assets. 8 years and 280 million dollars does not a finished product make so strap in we're all in for a much longer wait. BTW it's now gained the somewhat dubious honour of being the most costly developed video game of all time, and it's still years from completion. I'm sour and impatient to be sure but there is no other game me and my crew would rather be playing. We all agreed, we'd meet back next year for our annual Star Citizen Alpha 2021 reunion.

Entz

Yeah well the good news is they are still not at Duke Nukem forever levels. But damm, I was an old pledger (2012) with a somewhat at the time expensive lancer collectors edition (~125USD). At this point I think they have even ruined the Missile boats lol.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Well it is certainly a glass half full or a glass half empty situation.

If I look at where I would like the game to be, then there's a ways to go yet, biggest thing for me being persistence (queue broken record... I know). But if you look at the progress that has been made over the last two years, it is pretty impressive. Significant moves to increase playability, improve performance, and introduce initial versions of many complex game systems and mechanics.

I still say it'll be worth the wait, I'm certainly hoping given what I've spent, admitting I could be wrong. Personally I think they'll deliver.

Entz

Yeah I hope they do as well. I am in no real hurry i just don't want to see it cancelled either. This mess wasn't supposed to be Chris Roberts legacy :p

Last edited:

dragoonxx

I don't really follow the game...but reading the occasional update here it seems like it's stuck in development/feature creep heck... and i wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't "finished" before 2023...with another $150m of sheep funding

ZZLEE

What We have now is deftly worth the basic ship cost, Yes its still in development.

Latest posts