What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Starfield

Lysrin

I wonder if you'll be limited to the rudimentary shape they had for the ship or if you could configure some far out stuff, like something looking similar to the NX-74205 Defiant or perhaps a Starfury on steroids from Babylon 5.
The video does show a decent amount of variation, certainly different than the ship started with. I'm sure there will be some limitations but it looked fairly modular and flexible.

ipaine

Watching it again and it looks like there will be a fairly large number of possible combinations for ships. Looks like you will be able to sort of bit piece it together or add-on and such.

Looking at comments around I think people are concerned about the 1k plants comment. My guess is it will be very similar to what we know and that means the vast majority of them are going to be resource planets with only minor sentient life present. Think a large planet with a single tiny depot cause that is all that is needed for mining.

I'm hoping we get 10-15 fairly inhabited worlds with multiple cities/settlements on each, then tons of other planets for resources and hell a place to build a home away from spaceship home.

All in all I'm hopeful but not about to pre-order it right now or anything. That said I might pre-order if there are extras or some crap, but if I do it will be a day or two before launch. I'm still hoping that some game can satisfy what I want, think ME, but more. More open worlds, more NPC's, more crew interactions, more control over your destiny. And so far if they can pull this off it might just be close.

Anyways I still think Fallout in Space will be fun.

ipaine

what time stamp? I saw that they were slightly different, but were very similar but for size...they were going up in tonnage but sill very similar.
About 10:30 is where they show some of the options. But as for size it does show a few variants just nothing that's drastically bigger.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
About 10:30 is where they show some of the options. But as for size it does show a few variants just nothing that's drastically bigger.
yeh...just re-watched and you're right, it didn't really get much bigger....about the same length but about 50% wider than the ship showing in most of the reveal. it looks like yo have 3 stages in length and about 3 stages in width for a total of 9 blocks you can mod, with some letting you have a couple of items, like one or two boosters stacked.

but, I get it's too early to tell... ;)

ipaine

I did just read about one thing that I'm disappointed in.

The MC will be silent, not voiced at all.

I know there are some that like that but I really think it can detract from the experience. Although if you have bad voice actors it can also be bad that way too. Well for better or worse it is what it is. I wish it was voiced but this isn't something that will stop me from playing.

FreeKnight

I know there are some that like that but I really think it can detract from the experience. Although if you have bad voice actors it can also be bad that way too. Well for better or worse it is what it is. I wish it was voiced but this isn't something that will stop me from playing.
I prefer a voiced MC as well, and feel like Bioware and F4 have done it fairly well. It's a small enough thing that it doesn't really make a big difference for me. Hopefully dialogue choices actually mean something which Bethesda generally hasn't done that well with (all routes lead to the same quests and all that)

Lysrin

It's one of those things where people say a true RPG shouldn't be voiced to allow you to create your own character voice in your mind... I get that, but I don't know that's really necessary in a video game. I mean it is true that when playing with Witcher I was playing Geralt rather than a character of my own imagination, even though I chose his skills and such, but that's perhaps not a good comparison.

If I had a choice I think I'd pick a voiced MC too (took me a couple seconds to figure out what MC was lol). Character in CP2077 was voiced. That felt pretty role-playie to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts