What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Startech Cat 6 Cables

Jonesy

Has anyone tested / used Startech CAT6 cables? My box of CAT5e only has about 5ft left and I was going to go buy a spool of CAT6. However with the price of Startech cables being 1/3rd that of other pre-made cables it will actually be cheaper to buy those for what I need. I am just a little leery based on price that they aren't meeting CAT6 standards.
Yes, CAT5e is all I need, however why not future proof myself as I hate running cables..I still have a couple rooms on CAT5 :haha:

JD

Staff member
I would opt for Monoprice over Startech for low-priced cables. I trust Monoprice's quality much more than I do Startech's.

CAT5e vs CAT6 really makes no difference though, both support Gigabit speeds which is all you'll see in homes for quite a few more years. 10Gb Ethernet isn't overly popular yet and definitely hasn't touched the consumer level.

Soultribunal

Staff member
How long do you need them? I have quite the collection of unused Belden Cat6 Cables around (top tier stuff Belden cable too).

-ST

Jonesy

No longer needed. I managed to score.an amazing price on some rocket fish cables...to think they charge $1 per foot...thankfully they have insane markup.