What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Startup problem

scottman

I have a startup problem I need help with. I have a custom built system about 4 years old running windows xp pro. Recently I noticed a no startup power problem if I leave the power to the pc on. What happens is when I'm running windows xp shut down the pc till completely off, then push power button , nothing happens. If I shut off power to pc then hit power button, pc startup fine and everything works great. This occurs only after shutting down the pc and leaving then power on to the pc. Once the power is shut off to the pc, then turned back on , the power button activated the pc fires up and runs fine. I have also tried connecting the pc directly to a wall outlet instead of a surge protector. Same result. Does this seem like a motherboard problem or something else. Thanks Scottman

trayton

I'd test the PSU probably to be safe (personally), as if something is wrong with the PSU and it goes it could take other parts with it. If you can try a different PSU (borrow one from a friend) see if same issue still.

rjbarker

Very similar to a "Cold Boot" issue....likely related to a "bad PSU"...try a new PSU and report back.

martin_metal_88

+1 Rjbarker

Seem's like a dying PSU. In some case the board do this but most of the time we see that come from the PSU. Try a new one and give us some result;)

Ask for more.

rjbarker

Martin...I had this exact same "symptom" with a new Corsair HX 1kW....exact same....RMA'd the PSU and new replacement has been flawless.

Latest posts

Twitter