What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Steam Games Location

geokilla

Where do Steam Games get installed too? I finally installed my Crucial M4 and I'm planning to install a majority of my programs to the HDD instead of SSD. I currently have Steam Installed to my D:\, and want its games to be there as well.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If your main Steam directory is on the HDD, the games will be too under the \Steam\steamapps\common folder. If it's on the SSD, you can still move the programs to your HDD by using a symbolic link creator or SteamJunction.

Attachments

• SteamJunction.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 228

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
SteamJunction does the same thing, with the added bonus that you can move the source games that don't have their own folder as well. The nice thing is that both programs copy the game folder for you. I've used a standalone symbolic link creator too, but it's a lot more involved.

On2wheels

If his SSD is C:, he's said Steam is on D:, it's a done deal. If D: is big enough, go nuts, install all your games, Steam will be fine. Don't bother with any tweak utils.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
The tweak utils allow you to have your Steam games on multiple drives simultaneously. I usually keep the 3 or 4 I'm currently playing on my SSD for faster load times, and the balance on my storage drive.

Latest posts