What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Steam updates it's mobile app

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I've never used it, but it adds the ability to buy games, get notifications of sales for wish list items, remote game install, sign in via QR code and 2FA.

FreeKnight

I've had Steam guard (2FA) set up for ages, but I thought you could buy steam games before on the app. I think I got wishlist notifications too, but don't remember remote game install being a thing in the old app.

ipaine

Yea I have had it for 2FA as well. And get the notifications on wishlisted games. And like FreeKnight, I'm positive you could purchase before too.

The QR code signin and remote install are new. As is the managing of trusted devices and such.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Remote install is new, wishlist notifications are not as I got them frequently.

Lysrin

I've had Steam guard (2FA) set up for ages, but I thought you could buy steam games before on the app. I think I got wishlist notifications too, but don't remember remote game install being a thing in the old app.
Yes, I've bought games from the app before.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Not a very good writeup...

Heres the official steam news drop

...which highlights "with additions like QR code scanning for PC sign in, smarter notifications, customizable tabs, and a new Library view with remote downloads." as new.

As others have mentioned, I too was using most of the other functions on the old app.

On2wheels

This redesigned app does not have a good reputation. I tried it in beta and promptly went back to the old version and since I don't autoupdate anything I'm still on the old version. How are people finding the new design?

Latest posts