What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Still waiting and drooling: 4700GE

fitbrit

@fitbrit do you qualify as system builder with the rigs you're building for professional audio work?

I did recently apply, but then I realised the business email address I submitted was not active yet. I will have to do so again soon I suspect.

fitbrit

🤔 I wonder if I should pick up a few of the Ryzen 5 and 7 G models next time I'm in HK. I need to swing by after the COVID thing is done anyway.
If you do, I'll probably buy one or two from you. I have a R5 Pro 4650G already - seems to be a real winner. GPU performance is pretty much the same as the 3400G, perhaps a tad worse, but the CPU aspect is very snappy and it runs cooler.

fitbrit

Can the 4700G be limited to 35w via ctdp in the bios to give you the same 4700ge performance?

That's what I did with my 2400g in my htpc. However, if both cpus are difficult to find / buy, do get the 4700ge.

I do hope we will get the ryzen 5000 apus (g / ge) revealed next month at ces.
Are retail 5000 APUS going to be a thing? If they'll run on the B450 boards I use, I'll be happy to bypass the 4000G series.

Latest posts

Twitter