What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Strange issue with power off after OC.

Ruhagan

Hey all.

So I overclocked my PC, it's stable while running for a long time or stress test, but one weird thing happens every time I turn it on for the first time: it reboots few minutes in operation. No blue screens, errors or whatever, just shuts off, boots into Bios, gives choice to reset bios settings to last known good config or get into bios - I get into bios, save and exit (leaving same settings), and it boots fine then and I can run it how much I want with no problems whatsoever... Also PC doesn't go into Sleep mode, it just kinda hangs in-between with fans running and lights glowing.

I hadn't had it in the begining, and since I was tweaking my OC for quite some time to get it to a stable state, I don't remember when exactly this problem started, but maybe someone experienced similar thing and has the answer.

Mainboard: Gigabyte z97MX Gaming 5
CPU: I5-4670k OC'd to 4.5 GHz (Uncore 3.8)
GPU: KFA2 GTX 780ti
RAM: HyperX 16Gb OC'd to 2400 MHz @ 1.65V

KaptCrunch

what is your PSU

seems your OC setting can't handle the set-up with PSU may be weak

hence works fine @ stock settings

Ruhagan

I wrote that it works fine at overclock settings after that "mandatory" first "auto" reboot. That's the point, that it turns off once, few minutes after first log on. After that it works fine on same overclock settings.

PSU: Seasonic X-series 750W, 2 years old.

Ruhagan

Overclocking through UEFI (i.e. Bios).

CPU is fixed on 1.26V, lowest stable it seems, below that CPU starts freezing.

Latest posts

Twitter