What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

strange outlook problems

CTA

my friend's dad's computer... it has two different outlook version - express from OS and office 2007...

outlook express is not always working perfectly... only problem is he can't open the url in the email...

other outlook, can't receive ALL emails... i mean not everything in his inbox... just randomly few emails...

anyone knows that strange problems are?

yeah i want to fix outlook from office 2007 then i can un-install stupid express...

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Can you give us any more details about the problem? I know that both outlook express and outlook 2007 use a "mapi32.dll" which can give you problems when running multiple email programs on the same machine. I'd suggest doing an export of all his mail/settings from outlook express, reinstall 2007, then import all the settings + emails to outlook 2007 and make sure its being used as the primary mail client.... then never use outlook express again, lol. Hope the info helps!

CTA

i see...

ok i will re-install everything...

i have other question...

hard to explain... on my outlook, when i set up the accounts... for example A@same.com and B@same.com ... after i do spereate inbox for example address? because i dont like to read both address in one inbox (sometime confuse to find out)

thank you...

ipaine

hard to explain... on my outlook, when i set up the accounts... for example A@same.com and B@same.com ... after i do spereate inbox for example address? because i dont like to read both address in one inbox (sometime confuse to find out)

thank you...

Ok I think what you want is to have two different inboxes for your email addresses. Basically so all email to the a@noemail goes to its inbox and everything for b@noemail goes to another inbox.

To set that up is fairly simple. Just set up outlook for one email account. Once that is done go to tools and then account settings. Under the email tab just click on new and then follow the steps to set up your other email address. The key is to make sure that it goes to a different pst file.

Once your second one is set up you will see both of them showing under the email tab. Now highlight the second one and you will see an option to change folder in the lower left. That is where you can set it to go to a different pst file. Once you do that you will then have two different inboxes for your mail. Of course if both of your email addresses already show under the email tab then you can just highlight the one you want and change the folder and it will then create a new inbox.

Hope that helps. (and makes sense as its late and I should be sleeping.)

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Or. You can create a new folder for the second account. then go to Tools menu - Rules and alerts and set a rule based on recipient to put the mail in the new folder. you don't have to manually switch anything now.

CTA

i would like try squeetard's advice first... if its working then i will try your ipanie...

Rules_Image_1.jpg

which one? it seems different what i thought...

other questions... i hate to see all sent emails are inbox... so i want to read receive email inbox only... i dont know if it happens to all gmail users...

Shadowmeph

my friend's dad's computer... it has two different outlook version - express from OS and office 2007...

outlook express is not always working perfectly... only problem is he can't open the url in the email...

other outlook, can't receive ALL emails... i mean not everything in his inbox... just randomly few emails...

anyone knows that strange problems are?

yeah i want to fix outlook from office 2007 then i can un-install stupid express...

I never liked outlook expressbit there are some thingas that you need outlook express for so I wouldn't uninstall it just turn it off. I do like outlook but I use a different email client that is portable friendly, that being said it sounds( looks ) to me that there are filters running somewhere along the line ( Internet service provider (ISP) most likely) what I would do is go to the actual web site and look for the emails inside there and check the settings , eg I turn off all of the filters in my Shaw email and in your case which ever your ISP is. Then when I run outlook I receive every email that goes through my shaw email account after that is done I then setup Outlook filters to filter out emails ijnto specific folders like ( I make some of the folders) like for my BIlls I make a folder called Bills then I make a rule that all emails that come from the email address go to the Bills folder . and alla spam goes to the spam folder . when I start my email client I check all of the email in the spam folder to make sure that it is spam if some of the emails are not spam I create a rule to make it not spam and to go to a specific folder. this might seem hard at first to do but after a while it gets allot easyier

zlatan24

For solve outlook problems advise try-Outlook Express problems,also utility is free as how as i remember,it receive email it will usually tells you why on the error tab of the progress window,recover data after attack viruses, software failures, power failures, human errors, hard drive failures, Outlook Express problem and Outlook Express troubles are only a few examples of what could destroy the data of your e-mails, including the email address book and contacts,extracts and saves e-mails from .dbx files that are used by Outlook Express in order to store messages to the local drive,program will help you avoid Outlook Express troubles and fix the problems with Outlook Express folders that you cannot open.

Latest posts