What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Strange shurdown then no power

MorePower

Yesterday I was shutting down my PC and all of a sudden everything powered off meaning no status LEDs on motherboard or on GPU. I tried to start it up again but nothing happened. I unplugged the power supply and tried again but nothing. All this happened after I was using my new Corsair RGB mouse and keyboard but everything worked as it should at that time. I thought maybe the mouse/keyboard caused it. I plugged in my old wireless mouse/keyboard and tried again. I turned on the PSU and all status LED's came on. The PC started up but now my RGB lighting on the Evolv X was not being recognized in AURA. I thought maybe the RGB controller got fried or something. I left everything as it was getting late and today I started up the PC with the new keyboard/mouse and everything seems to be working. I never experienced anything like this before so I don't know what the cause could of been. This is a brand new build too. Any ideas?

Mac29

How new a build? Not familiar w/what might cause the RGB problem but I would try reseat your ram as a first step. Good you have a backup mouse and kybrd. I'd stick w/the Corsair & monitor if it happens again ... If so HC pro's will definitely have more experience/be able to help. Personally I'd rather deal w/a hardware problem vs. a software issue. As long as it's not intermittent like from ESD or something. Oddballs are a b*tch. One additional thought, do you use a UPS?

Shadowmeph

possible MB probel any smioke smells or did you hear an sounds crackling whining or other high pitched sound , popping when you powered on the PC when it did this?

MorePower

How new a build? Not familiar w/what might cause the RGB problem but I would try reseat your ram as a first step. Good you have a backup mouse and kybrd. I'd stick w/the Corsair & monitor if it happens again ... If so HC pro's will definitely have more experience/be able to help. Personally I'd rather deal w/a hardware problem vs. a software issue. As long as it's not intermittent like from ESD or something. Oddballs are a b*tch. One additional thought, do you use a UPS?
possible MB probel any smioke smells or did you hear an sounds crackling whining or other high pitched sound , popping when you powered on the PC when it did this?
Specs of the build? PSU etc.

This build is one month old. It hasn't happened again so maybe it was some glitch. Yes the system is on a UPS. I didn't get any power failure alarms on that either. I contacted Seasonic and they basically said just keep an eye on it. The PSU have safety shutdowns built in if it doesn't like something. There was no smell of smoke or any kind of noise.

The specs:
ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
i9 9900K
G.Skill TrindentZ RGB 32GB
ASUS Strix 2080 Ti OC
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

KaptCrunch

rouge mouse driver messed with MB firmware, have you tried resetting bios

seen this with china sata controller

MorePower

I updated the mobo bios and firmware on the moue and keyboard. This was a one time thing so I can't seem to duplicate it. Everything is working.

Twitter