What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Strange Steam Issue

thorn

This isn't a critical issue but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a solution.

The issue is the 'layout' of the steam store within the steam client and some other pages. To better explain here are two pictures:

This is what it should look like (from the steampowered website):

And what it looks like within the client:

As you can see instead of the thumbnails lining up horizontally they are vertical. The text below is also messed up. For example where system requirements is split in 2 columns (one for min or for required) in my client they just follow after each other.

I tried searching the steam forums but wasn't really sure how to word the search, so I didn't come up with anything. Looked through their support as well, and tried out deleting winui.gcf but alas it did nothing.

for the life of me I can't figure out why this is happening, it just started one day. And a couple days ago it worked properly again, but then back to this improperly aligned layout.

Any ways, as I mentioned at the start this isn't a big issue, just an annoyance really.

Edit:
Should probably mention I am running Win 7 Pro x64.

JD

Staff member
Looks like it's just not fully loading the CSS (styling file). Could just be slow server or slow internet connection.

Mine displays DiRT 3 fine and I'm also on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and IE9 (I think Steam uses the IE engine but not entirely sure).

KaptCrunch

not login as you need a new key from steam, check your box that used when registerd with steam

thorn

I assume it is a CSS issue, but not sure how to fix it. Steam now uses webkit instead of IE. And I don't think it has anything to do with connection as this has been an issue for a month or so, and the website loads fine in chrome and ff. (and this happens with all store entries, I just used DiRT as it was the first link).

I am logged in, and even if I wasn't the page used to load properly regardless of whether or not I was logged in.

JD

Staff member
Latest version of Steam client? Not a beta build?

In the settings is your download region set to something nearby and Internet speed accordingly (no idea if this would help page loads). Also in the settings you can enable the address bar. Maybe the page just needs a refresh?

thorn

Running the current Steam build (there are no betas currently available). I was set to Montreal, even tried changing it to NY, no difference. I also already enabled the address bar and I have tried refreshing the page every way I know, nothing.

If I didn't have to reinstall all my steam games I would simply try reinstalling steam.

Thund3rball

I have pretty much same issue for weeks now. I have been too busy to bother reinstalling Steam, which is the only thing I can think that might help. You don't have to redownload your games. Just backup your steamapps folder IIRC, and then move it back after the install.

Latest posts