What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Stress test recommendation?

lorcav123

I was thinking:
CPU: Prime95 (small or large?), Aida64, OCCT (Linepack 2019?)
RAM: Hci memtest -> overall memory/ number of CPU threads -< number of open windows
GPU: Unigine superposition

How much time to test?

AMD R5 1600

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I do prime 95 mixed and GPU fur benchmark at the same time to test thermals. (Ik the latter is old, but I still like it :geek:)

For stability, cpu OC: small on prime 95 only, about an hour with no errors. (This is also useful to really heat up the CPU if you've just re-Tim'd it)

I rarely OC the GPU so don't have a good recommendation for testing it. Sorreh

JD

Staff member
RealBench is a pretty good all-around test for stability (CPU/RAM).

GPU, any looping benchmark would be a starting point. I'd go with whatever in-game benchmarks you have, assuming you have any games that offer such functionality. That's more realistic than 3DMark or Unigine. For example, I found Division 2 would crash with my memory OC but everything else was fine. If you have a NVIDIA RTX card, the "OC scanner" does pretty well at finding you a stable core clock.

Prickly007

I used Unigine's Heaven (and then regular gaming) for the GPU. Intel Burn test for the CPU; Prime95 causes issues with Intel (voltage??) now, as I recall.

lorcav123

ok, thanks for advice. What games do really stress CPU, RAM and GPU together - OC stability? I know that Battlefield is good for this but is there any lighter size game?

lorcav123

ok, thanks for advice. What games do really stress CPU, RAM and GPU together - OC stability? I know that Battlefield is good for this but is there any lighter size game?
little bump for this. So game that uses overall big amount of resources for strees OC stabillity but it isn't too big in hard disk size?

Entz

Game stable != 100% Stable, so honestly I would just play the games you normally play and if they don't crash your golden.

If your going for perfection: Personally [email protected] with max CPU and GPU would stress test the hell out of most systems and give a little back for your time. Run for at least 24 hours at 100% or as close as you can while leaving the system responsivish..

This will also stress test your cooling and case fans.

Some others:

- Prime95 or Aida64 stress running for like 24 hours
- Loop Cine bench r20
- Shadow of the tomb raider demo would be a good one, should include the benchmark and it is around 15GB. I doubt many of the new ones are going to be small.
- Always 3DMark in loops.
- Heaven for quick is my GPU not dying.

Loops or long runs are important as your system may be able to handle short burts but long term it will overheat or not be able to hold.

rjbarker

- P95 Small FFT for 6 hrs or so (loads CPU)
- P95 Blend for 6 hrs or so (loads combination CPU / Memory)
- I also like ..... Linpack and Intel Extreme Utility
- Firestrike Extreme looping (for GPU OC Test)
- Be sure to monitor temps of all cores under load (a must)
- Be sure to run a CPU monitoring Program like CPU-Z so you can observe vcore at idle and under load (get a handle on vDroop / vDrop)

Before any of these try a few runs of Cinebench...if any stability at all with your CPU you went get thru a single run without crashing.

Then just game.........

freeagent

I’ve seen prime fail after 24 hours, so to me that app is a waste of time. I like linpack extreme for cpu and memory. Aida64 is good for cpu testing too. If it can’t pass linpack, it’s not stable.

Latest posts

Twitter