What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sudden Non Bootable AMD Rig

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Get home after a long 16 hrs and fire up to rig get into Destiny 2 about 30 seconds in system displays these symptoms.

1. System shuts down
2. Restarts over and over
3. Stuck on post code 90

Not sure how this happened as even clearing the CMOS. Pressing power for 10 seconds, unplugging for hours removing battery, tried the flash back but It doesn't work it blinks for few seconds then goes solid after 5 seconds.

I'll have to try another board I'll test peices in test bench.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Next step is rove the SSDs but only change before this was a new UPS can having 2 UPS systems plugged in same outlet cause issues?

clshades

I'm not sure I would go with the same mobo personally. Lots of people reporting similar issues. Some where having luck swapping the cpu back and forth.

djbrad

I would test with another gpu and one ram stick as suggested by crazyea.

I hope you will fix it quickly

gingerbee

you know what to do her shadow break it all down to the bare minimum and see if you can get into bios, If you can't get into Bios work your way through the parts you have, If no joy move on to new parts IE motherboard if you think that is what has died.

If there are a lot of problems known with this board I wouldn't buy it again go with something simple yet effective. good luck

Shadowarez

Folding Team
It's from new egg so it's sole for any warranty not sure how Asus would be with a new one. I thought it was my 3090 🤬 because it shows code 90 with a White led over the VGA part but I put in a known good Quadro 2000 same thing

Latest posts

Twitter