What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sudden Non Bootable AMD Rig

gingerbee

well from what I can see online code 90 is bad/corrupted boot device is not good but some say it's board dead others say it's CPU dead but this is one of the threads I found, if this is true WTF is going on with these dark hero boards that maybe killing CPU's or them self's seems strange.
If you happen to have another CPU laying around drop it in and see what happens. manual says Boot device Selection (BSD) phase is started

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/l30guz

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I do have the 5900x I can test and the itx system I'll plug in drives there see what happens if it's the cpu I do have warrrenty with micro center

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Well same BS VGA led on this board as well and tried a 5900x same issue only constant has been the Sabrent Rocket Plus 2 TB drive I'll try a samesung one since SSDs can make a system sht on itself and fail to display anything

gingerbee

well damn that sucks so its the board or the NVME, well time to test that drive but it's looking like the board and there does seem to be a few complaints about the dark hero VIII board having problems.

JD

Staff member
I have an ASRock B450M board that will not run NVME at x4 speeds, so in that case I guess the NVME traces on the board "died" somehow. Could be something similar that happened to you?

Maybe try a SATA drive instead?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I tried 2 didf boards both get stuck on VGA yet both worked with various GPUs prior. I have a APU I can try but both the itx and the dark hero seem to stop at the same point doesn't make sence.

Latest posts

Twitter