What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SugarJ's "Nemesis Reborn" or just another TJ07 build

SugarJ

Staff member
No problem. The hammond boxes are little black boxes meant to mount electrical boards or junctions inside. I got 3/4" high ones through Charles at Murdermods. See post 75 in this thread to see how I mounted them. Then you use doublesided tape to mount the rad on top pf them.

Hammond Mfg. - Racks & Rack Cabinets, Small Enclosures, Electrical Enclosures, Transformers, Outlet Strips The part number on my boxes is 1591ASBK, they are 100mm long, 54mm wide, and 21mm high.

I'm sure you could modify the UN rad brackets to work as well, but that would require holes through your midplate. UN Designs Rad Bracket

Edit: Found them at Digikey: Digi-Key - HM102-ND (Manufacturer - 1591ASBK)

Photograph

Looking good, I like the red coolant but I can't help but to think of Kool-Aid when I see it:

SugarJ

Staff member
LOL, the flash from the camera lightens it up. It's a dark red in normal light conditions.

SugarJ

Staff member
OK, been a while but some stuff has happened. The GTX 285's are long gone, replaced by a Zotac GTX 470. The 1st one paid for my G19 a few months back, the 2nd one helped out with the cost of the Fermi. Here's the current state of the Nemesis:

That shot is taken through the window, no flash on, with my unsteady human tripod (elbows propped on the desk). :haha:

So, seeing as the new 470 runs at 72 degrees while folding with 80% fan, I took pity on the poor thing and picked up a couple of items yesterday:

I've had my eye on that EK Full Board Block since they were released, and was lucky enough to pick one up here in the BST a couple weeks ago. Thanks lowfat! Awesome packaging job too.

So, here I sit, thinking it's too late to start on this tonight, and I'm busy tomorrow night too. I'll hopefully be able to do the teardown Friday night, and get the loop leaktesting Saturday sometime. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Feser Red looks flowing through those blocks. I'm also going to try to take a bunch of pictures on mounting those blocks.

Thanks for stopping by. :biggrin:

Dazmode

Nice upgrade. I'm still holding to my 285's... but it is tempting to do the same...

kruzn4evr

Now thats what I like see! I knew it was just a matter of time :haha:....just losing the fan sound of the 470 will make you a happy camper. Look forward to seeing it all done :thumb:

SugarJ

Staff member
That's the plan so far. I'm going to pick up some Gentle Typhoon fans, see how they work out. From my research, the mobo block doesn't dump a lot of heat in the loop, so I'll see how much the GPU dumps in there.

FlyZ

I run 5 AP-15s right now. While it's by no means quiet, it's not in an annoying pitch and fades into the background nicely. Great fans and you can find them for $13 a pop, when they're in stock :biggrin:

Latest posts

Twitter