What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SugarJ's "Nemesis Reborn" or just another TJ07 build

chrisk

Folding Captain
Looks good! I just wrapped some yellow dollar-store electrical tape around my wires lol. Keep up the good work.

SugarJ

Staff member
Looks good! I just wrapped some yellow dollar-store electrical tape around my wires lol. Keep up the good work.
I did that with blue tape in my blue Apollo. Looked ok at the time.

Gord you're my hero. I can't gather up the effort to do even one cable.
Well, if you're up at 3:48am it's no wonder you don't have any energy. :biggrin:

miggs78

:rofl::rofl:

I have the perk "Night Person" +2 to both Intelligence and Perception :haha:
You know 4 in the morning, something's really wrong here.. :haha: :p.

Gord, you got to teach me how to sleeve like that, or at least make a video.. :p

You're doing the sleeving, but making me excited :bananafunky:

SugarJ

Staff member
Gord, you got to teach me how to sleeve like that, or at least make a video.. :p
Patriote did an excellent guide here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/1906-guide-sleeving-3-pin-fan-56k-warning.html and there's lots of videos on youtube.

Between that and my tips I've learned passed along in my posts above, it should be easy to learn, a lifetime to master. :biggrin:

In short, measure everything, take pictures of the connectors before you disassemble so you can figure out where the wires go, and keep the sleeving pulled tight while putting the heatshrink on. Take your time, and don't be afraid to redo it if it doesn't look right.

JMCD

I plan on just doing one at a time hopefully, making it easier to remember.

SugarJ

Staff member
I plan on just doing one at a time hopefully, making it easier to remember.
That works if you are sleeving wires individually, but not if you are sleeving groups of wires like usb headers or fans.

JMCD

That works if you are sleeving wires individually, but not if you are sleeving groups of wires like usb headers or fans.
True, but I'll be doing them individually. I've also read that the colour of the wire also determines the voltage.

Latest posts

Twitter