What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SugarJ's "Nemesis Reborn" or just another TJ07 build

miggs78

Rich guy lol :p.. J/k.

Nice stuff Gord, that powder coating job looks outstanding man.. Quality.. S3xy :p

Mmmmm.. some more parts too.. Good Luck on the build itself.. :)

SugarJ

Staff member
I'm far from being rich, I'm just comfortable. And I think if I added up how much I've already got invested in parts for this computer, I'd be sick. I just spend some every pay day. My next project involves a bathroom reno, so this will be it for computer hardware for quite a while, when it's complete in a month or two.

SugarJ

Staff member
A little update. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

I picked up a Classified on the weekend, and a new 920. I fried both my old X58 and my CPU with my puddle on the mobo. Stoopid skinny zap straps. Sold my loop except for the EK Res to help finance the new board and CPU.

Got the new parts mounted in the TJ07 tonight, I absolutely love the look of it. Red and black mobo, red G-skills, red and black GTX285. Stock HSF for the time being though.

I was thinking about a copper Heatkiller block, but now I'm thinking about the silver and black one, with a nice EK nickel plate full cover for the GPU. That and some nice compressions would look awesome. It'll be a while before I can afford the new loop though.

Anyway, I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Maybe even start sleeving my 24 pin.

SugarJ

Staff member
Just a teaser shot. I'm tired and don't feel like lugging this thing back over to the bench. When the weather gets nice again, I'll take it outside and get some decent shots.

One of the things I'm happiest about was being able to get black M3 screws to replace the silver ones holding the side panel on. Now to save up some more cash for a MCP655, Feser 360, and Heatkiller 3.0.

Anyone want to loan me a black TRUE for a couple of months? :biggrin:

SugarJ

Staff member
So, not much has happened lately. I've had to pay some bills. But I did get the 24pin sleeved:

It will run under the mobo when I take things apart to build the loop. Speaking of which, I ordered a nickel-plated Heatkiller from Daz. So now I'm saving for a rad and pump, and some compressions. Hopefully next month. And a GPU block the month after, but that will be the last item. I'm kind of holding off to see what's happening with Fermi. And I'm really thinking about a NB/SB/Mosfet block, the heatsinks on the NB and mosfets get hot with the stock cooling on the Classified.

Twitter