What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SugarJ's "Nemesis Reborn" or just another TJ07 build

steers

SugarJ

Staff member
So I got my CPU block today.

Picked up a MCP655 and top from brewer265 this week. Lost my patience and ordered my rad, UN bracket, and compressions. So hopefully next weekend will be the big teardown and rebuild with WC loop.

Anybody know which is the inlet on the HK? I think it's the center hole but I don't read German.

SugarJ

Staff member
So tonight's work was to mount the Hammond boxes in the base of the TJ-07. The rad will attach to these.

Here's the boxes sitting where I want them:

I just used the drill bit to mark the location of my holes.

Big case, small drill press. It worked.

The boxes all screwed into place:

Tomorrow I'll mount the pump and bracket on the other side and sleeve the pump and fan cables. I'm taking the rest of the night to play some DAO. There's a reasonable chance I might get this thing to leak testing stage tomorrow night. I think all I need is some double-sided tape for mounting the rad.

miggs78

Very nice Gord.. Me thinks you got impatient too :p..

Interesting to see how you will mount the rad on those boxes.. Nice :)

SugarJ

Staff member
So the last couple of days have been very productive for the rebuild.

I got the pump bracket mounted:

And I sleeved the fans and pump power leads. No more sleeving shots in this thread, you've seen enough of it. :biggrin:

The rad and pump are in place:

My double-sided tape sucks. This is how I added some extra pressure to keep the rad in place. Good ole Petra's Gel-stuff:

Two-thirds of the way done drilling the mid-plate tubing holes. If my battery hadn't died on my drill, you wouldn't have got this progress shot.

Mid-plate in place, case cage reassembled, ready for mobo:

Plumbed and ready for leak-testing:

I'll tell you my horror story in the next post.

SugarJ

Staff member
So between the last picture and the next one, I had a very nasty 18 hours. My leak-testing worked. I got one. The puddle on the back of the video card type. :shok: If you've been following my thread, you know I already fried one mobo and CPU when a zap-strap failed on a barb while it was on my test bench. I thought I had done it again. The lower rotary elbow on the CPU block was defective, and leaking around the rotary part. So, half a roll of paper towel, one spare elbow, and a bad night's sleep later, everything is ok. :thumb:

The state of being for now:

I used my red tubing I had around. The original plan was to use black tubing, but NCIX is out of stock. I like the red actually, and I plan to change to clear tubing with some Feser UV Red the next time I make a change to the loop. Which won't be until after Christmas. Maybe. :biggrin:

Things I'd like to do still include putting in a NB/SB block, and a full cover GPU block. And taking the stickers off my ram sticks :haha:. I'm going to try some white CCFL's in it next weekend, see how I like them vs. UV.

Thanks for following along, don't hold your breath for more updates. I've got Borderlands, MW2, and Dragon Age to play.:clap:

miggs78

Gord.. I'll say the truth, that thing looks s3xy :p..

Very nice build, stay with the red tubing, the color combination with the yate loons (rear exhaust), the video card, the ram and the pci-e slots really match up.. Worth the patience..

Not the right place to post, but I got some of that Feser UV Black (NCIX.com - Buy Feser One Fluid UV Black NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement for Liquid Cooling - 4 260119 640092 In Canada.) I know you want Red.. but .. :p

Excellent work, now you got me pumped up to re-loop mine too lol, just need a new case..

Latest posts

Twitter