What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SugarJ's "Nemesis Reborn" or just another TJ07 build

turtletrax

Banned
Awesome work Gord!!! Nothing quite like a Murdermod to make hardware look awesome!!! :clap:

The HK looks pimp! Cant wait to get mine up and running LOL

silent1mezzo

Thats awesome work. The sleeving looks amazing and the whole build just comes together with the black and red. Definitely keep the red tubing, it looks sexy.

SugarJ

Staff member
I know you guys like the red tubing, but I'm thinking clear tubing with red fluid would look pretty good too. I've got some Blood Red XP+ somewhere I might try in the red tubing. I just would like to be able to see red in the reservoir too. I'm definitely not going back to black tubing. I like how the tubing stands out, whereas the black would stealth it.

Thanks for the kudos, everyone. It's been a fun build so far.

kruzn4evr

Gord?...EXCELLENT job my friend!....all your work and patience has paid off if ya ask me, absolutely great looking rig! :thumb::thumb:

As for the dye?...DON'T DO IT!! :haha:....seriously, it'll just clog up the blocks and permanently stain the res and tubing. I used it once but never again....just my opinion though.

SugarJ

Staff member
Thanks guys. If it looks like a murdermod, it's because I've had a lot of input from Charles on this build. He's been a great source of parts and information. I could have just had him build this for me, but it wouldn't have been nearly as fun.

I won't use a separate dye because I've had the same issue with clogging and staining (did you see my purple micro-res?), but a premixed color has worked fine for me before without problems.

turtletrax

Banned
Thanks guys. If it looks like a murdermod, it's because I've had a lot of input from Charles on this build. He's been a great source of parts and information. I could have just had him build this for me, but it wouldn't have been nearly as fun.

I won't use a separate dye because I've had the same issue with clogging and staining (did you see my purple micro-res?), but a premixed color has worked fine for me before without problems.

I have to agree Gord. Charles is a one of a kind guy. He really does know his stuff and will help in any way he can to make sure you come out of the gate with an awesome build.

Again, congrats :thumb:

SugarJ

Staff member
A little update.

I've had some clear tubing, Feser Red and a Koolance FC block sitting around since the middle of December. I finally decided to sacrifice my fingertips to the compression fittings, and redid the loop.

I really like the clear tubing instead of the red. I'm glad I got around to it. The only bad thing about today is that I discovered my ASUS GTX285 is not a reference card, the block would not fit on it. The VRM's on it have extra large heatsinks. I'm really glad I didn't bite the bullet and order 2 new FC GPU blocks, I'd have been really choked.

I don't think I ever posted a shot of the back side, so here's one:

The flash makes it obvious that some of the sleeving isn't from Murdermod. In daylight it's not nearly that color.

CPU load temps are up about 6-7 degrees, and the WC'ed GPU is floating around 48 at full load. I really don't miss the fan noise from the GPU, but I just ordered some 1900rpm S-Flex fans to try and move the temps down a tad. My 1200rpm Yate Loons aren't going to make the cut. If the Scythe's don't help, I can see getting a quad rad somewhere down the line.

ADay2Long

Hey great build!!! Sorry for reviving this thread but ... what exactly is a hammond box and what does it do ... Google has prooved most unhelpful on that one :blarg:

Twitter