What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SugarJ's "Nemesis Reborn" or just another TJ07 build

miggs78

Very nice Gord... Well I guess you offered the case first to me, but I let you down, and luckily John picked it up. I have to say it was an amazing price, but I couldn't...

Nice work so far, have you thought of cutting an extra 120mm hole on the top and mounting the rad up there, or just clearing everything and using a rad grill..

Though, 95% of the people I've seen using a TJ07, have their rads mounted at the bottom, now some have it the way you were going to be mounting, I've seen people mount it flat down with a push/pull config.. You should visit Case Mod Work Logs - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net they have many modded TJ07s in there, and most of them are water cooled..

Red tubing really looks cool!.. :) :thumb:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
As for the rad mount, I plan on using some Hammond boxes, like you can see in Turtletrax's worklog. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/worklog/19257-turtletraxs-go-broke-tj-07-dual-loop.html They just mount on the bottom of the case, and I will use some weatherstripping foam or double-sided tape to friction-fit the rad in there. For the time being, it will sit on the HDD box mounts, as there is 1/4" clearance with the rad in.

And no, miggs, I'd never cut a hole up there. The case is too nice for me to hack up. Besides, the airflow is way better at the bottom, as both sides are vented. My rad is push/pull already, and will draw air from the window side. Also, I plan to get a clear top grill by Murdermods, so those fans will eventually go. And that's Primochill LRT UV Red tubing. I haven't decided whether to put UV or white CCFL's in yet. The tubing is more orange under UV, so might just put the white tubes in to light it up a bit.

miggs78

Hmm... interesting Hammond boxes... Well if you do want UV lighting, if I don't use my UV cathodes (I'll have to check sizes again), I'll send them your way.. Deciding to get those Gelid fans, saves much time of cleaning, and they are UV too.. I'll confirm though..

:)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I've got 3 sets of CCFL's already in red, white, and UV. But thanks Moe.

ADay2Long

Sweet lord that is a nice case, good job SugarJ! :shok:

I was looking at the ATSC 840 and was like....eeessh so nice me wants...but can I justify spending that much on a case? Then I saw Corsair's new case coming soon at 300$, me wants!!! and now I'm drooling all over your TJ-07 :haha:

Awesome work! Me jealous :blarg::doh:

charles_h

So this is why my ears were burning, hehe. :)

Looking good Mate! :punk:

Let me know if you need help sourcing the Hammonds... I might could have me a few. ;)

Also, I'm a few days from having a bunch of parts powder coated so it would be nothing to add your stuff to the batch... email me if you're interested and we'll sort the logistics. :bananafunky:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Thanks for the kind words, ADay2Long. I've been following your Smaug 2.0 project with interest.

I looked at the ATSC 840 and Corsair case as well, but went with this purely because of the nice mod parts available. And I find comparing this case to my old Apollo or Raidmax is like comparing a Porsche to a Pinto. They both do basically the same thing, but one looks way nicer doing it.:haha:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So this is why my ears were burning, hehe. :)

Looking good Mate! :punk:

Let me know if you need help sourcing the Hammonds... I might could have me a few. ;)

Also, I'm a few days from having a bunch of parts powder coated so it would be nothing to add your stuff to the batch... email me if you're interested and we'll sort the logistics. :bananafunky:

Holy crap! The man himself posts in my thread! Um, ya, I'll email you Charles. Thanks much!

miggs78

Lol Gord.. Didn't even go like um.. I'll see.. it's a straight ya lol..

Well it's good to see da man himself! Charles.. (if you see this, how u been mate, long time no see.. :) )

ADay2Long.. the ATSC 840 is a nice case, no doubt.. The Corsair one, that's a hard call, no offense to anybody I believe that if you want to compete with the cases in that price range, having a nice exterior is a must, which they do.. but having a positive interior is all that important too, but the use of cheap plastic parts and stuff, that's not all that good, but the inclusion of few modded cables, something I haven't seen anybody provide, especially the SATA cables..

If you're looking at the ATSC, personally I would rather go for the Cosmos S, as you can ask the man this thread belongs too, he would praise it much more than I could.. or might as well save a few bucks and get the HAF 932, Cooler Master pulled out something really worth every penny, agreed the case is plastic and steel, but it's built darn sturdy.. look at the good features, one of the best cases for air cooling, when it comes to water cooling, like it was mentioned in the case review here on HWC, you can mount a rad in bloody many places..

And then comes the Silverstone cases, all I can say is sheer quality, you get what you pay for... and super sexy lol..

Though all I can say, if you can find a Lian Li V2000 or a Tagan Black Pearl, it's still one of the nicest cases around, and just like a TJ07 it has a lot of potential. But TJ07 is on its own league...

Gord sorry to steal your thread (can't think of the right word :s )..

ADay2Long

And I find comparing this case to my old Apollo or Raidmax is like comparing a Porsche to a Pinto. They both do basically the same thing, but one looks way nicer doing it.:haha:

If by that you mean they get you from point A to point B then ok, but how you get there is much different :bleh:

And miggs78 my only ''beef'' with the ATSC is .... where's the window? All that goodness not to show it, that's why I'm leaning towards the HAF, at least we can see what's in there .... it's a not a classy looking case by ANY means :sad: but I guess I'll have to go bang for the buck because for my little student budget I don't want 1/3 of the cost of the computer to be the case itself :haha:.

Don't get me wrong SugarJ, I totally hate you for having such an awesome case :bleh::thumb:

Latest posts