What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Suggest a standalone set of pedals?... For Flying.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Hi all.
I've been trying to get back into Elite Dangerous recently, and my medical issues have made that more than a bit challenging. My legs aren't strong enough for rudder pedals anymore, so I'm considering a very different setup to a typical pilot.

Alongside my regular X52 Pro (with the softest springs I could find), I'm getting a CH Products Flight Yoke Eclipse - a Yoke with plenty of buttons. A yoke? Yep. I'm still able to play car games with a wheel and pedals, so I'm going to give a Yoke a shot. Both hands being able to assist each other for all movements will be a boon, I'm certain. And as a special bonus - and the main reason I ordered it - the Eclipse variant has Rudder pedals where you'd find paddle shifters on a driving sim wheel.

So, now that both hands will be able to share the work for pitch roll and yaw... I'm left a bit stuck on one thing: the throttle. But then I remembered that my legs are normally pretty okay after playing car games with pedals... So why not try driving pedals to control the throttle position?

And here we are, the reason for the post: can anyone suggest a set of fairly inexpensive pedals that are entirely standalone: aka USB direct connection to a PC.

For driving I've already got a G920, whose pedals mist connect to the wheel (multi-pin non standard connector). And an old Thrustmaster 458 wheel (that's Xbox -only) that also must connect to it's wheel (rj-11 or similar, with an offset retention pin because TM is TM).

Ideally I'd like to find a proper adapter for the TM pedals to USB or a cheap and/or used standalone set of pedals that are USB. So USB and windows compatibility is a essential. A carpet grip/teeth/whatever would be very nice, and if a 3-pedal one is possible, that would be nice too.

Sorry for the long winded post. Thx in advance for suggestions.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Try plugging your wheel and pedals in along with your X52, then define the pedal inputs you want in ED and ignore the wheel? If that doesn't work, then go down the road you've suggested.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Try plugging your wheel and pedals in along with your X52, then define the pedal inputs you want in ED and ignore the wheel? If that doesn't work, then go down the road you've suggested.
My only PC-compatible wheel setup is my g920, which i use with my XB1. Won't be moving it elsewhere for now. Also, my desk space for this setup is a bit limited, and putting a wheel on the desk somewhere without a use will take up a lot of space.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
@SugarJ
Ooooh i didn't see that TM adapter and it looks like it's the right connector. I think I'll chance it and cross my fingers that it works with the older pedals. Good find!