What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Suggestion for my PC

rajaryan

Hello guys, I recently bought a new PC, and I am looking to install Ubuntu into it. It doesn't come with any CD/DVD drive so my question is how to make bootable pendrive with ubuntu in it so that I can install it properly. I tried several methods, but none works for me. So suggest me any best and easy way to do it will be much appreciable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lysrin

If you have already successfully created the USB bootable device (steps here for Windows: https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview) then make sure that your PC is set to boot from USB first in your BIOS. This is done by pressing Delete or F12 or similar when your PC is starting up to access the BIOS and then set the boot options.

If that isn't the issue maybe you can be more specific with the problem you are having.

zen89

If you have already successfully created the USB bootable device (steps here for Windows: https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview) then make sure that your PC is set to boot from USB first in your BIOS. This is done by pressing Delete or F12 or similar when your PC is starting up to access the BIOS and then set the boot options.

If that isn't the issue maybe you can be more specific with the problem you are having.
Thanks for sticking out the guidelines on how to make it bootable. Was looking for this a whole internet.
Thanks again mate

clshades

Don't use the USB 3 slot for installing either. Most boards don't see them for installing an OS. Spent an entire night learning this the hard way. It asked me for pre-install drivers for the usb3. Usb2 is more than fast enough for an OS install.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Don't use the USB 3 slot for installing either. Most boards don't see them for installing an OS. Spent an entire night learning this the hard way. It asked me for pre-install drivers for the usb3. Usb2 is more than fast enough for an OS install.
I havnt had that issue on any of the latest boards (at least 4x B450/550/x570 builds) that I've been using. Must be a YMMV thing.