What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Suggestions For A New Case ......?

rjbarker

Hi folks
Well after 7 yrs Im thinking of ditching my 900D Case for something that actually has "modern front IO" ports ;)
The case has to support either 1*480 + 1*360 Rads or 2 * 360 + 240 Rads....
Also have to be able to mount my Rez / Pump combo (XSPC Photon 170) like this:

I'm actually thinking of getting replacing my EX 480 for another 360 if it makes case selection easier.

No hard tubing, planning on using existing BP Fittings and soft tubes

These are the 2 Cases Im presently looking at but would certainly welcome input.
I kinda like the looks of the Lian Li. Dont really see anything decent for WC'ing from Silverstone....
Obviously the 1000D has all the space needed but such a humungous case, would rather bring it down a little.
Also, I'll likely have to ditch my 5.25" Bay 200W Fan Controller and go with some sort of Corsair Commander for all the fans? Would think as many as 9-10 Fans.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance...

GeezerGamer

Hey RJ, I would definitely recommend the Lian Li XL.
I'm air cooled but after a quick look at the specs it seems to have room for the gear you want to use?
I think it's a brilliant case that's of excellent build quality, great use of space and hence not a behemoth!
FYI, Lian Li not to long ago introduced a 4.0 PCI-e cable for vertical GPU mounting!

I'm also linking a video that helped me envision how a vertical pump reservoir fits into place.

sswilson

Staff member
I've been happy with my Lian Li. I've also been happy with my Commander pro paired with hubs for "like" fans (all of my rad fans are on one hub, and all of my case fans on another).

FreeKnight

The original O11D is probably going to be your best bet. I had one and it's a good case, but it takes a very large footprint on a desk. Might be worth using masking tape to measure if space is a concern.

I've got an O11 Mini at the moment and it's very good as well with lots of rad support, but it does lock you into a mitx or matx form factor and sfx psu if you want to take advantage of all the radiator options so that's always worth considering.

Build quality and cable routing on both are good, they're good looking and filters are reasonably easy to access.I'm hoping to move back to my NCase at some point, but I'm not unhappy with it

crazyea

I really like the corsair 7000 series of cases. Did you check into any Fractal Design cases?

rjbarker

I really like the corsair 7000 series of cases. Did you check into any Fractal Design cases?

I also am torn between 7000X and the Lian Li......but love the looks of the Lian Li....its a different mounting arrangement for PSU than traditional, wonder if there would be any issues with my AX1600i (its a little longer footprint than most)?

Havent looked too hard into Fractal (Meshify ?)...seems there are so many models, but really want to stick to as much room as possible for Rads.
Please feel free to steer me towards a few ;)

The original O11D is probably going to be your best bet. I had one and it's a good case, but it takes a very large footprint on a desk. Might be worth using masking tape to measure if space is a concern.

Why the earlier model Lian Li vs the newer...Im looking at the O11D XL..very nice looking case!!! Decent price as well for a quality case, Ive always like Lian Li (and Siverstone wayyy back).

The case will not be sitting on a desk, will be sitting on the floor on a case stand w wheels I built yrs ago for the 900D.

Last edited:

Bond007

Havent looked too hard into Fractal (Meshify ?)...seems there are so many models, but really want to stick to as much room as possible for Rads.
Please feel free to steer me towards a few ;)

Meshify 2 XL?

"Open Layout supports radiators up to 480/420 mm (front), 480/420 mm (top) and 280/240 mm (base)"

FreeKnight

Why the earlier model Lian Li vs the newer
I actually didn't notice it was the XL you're looking at. For the rads you've listed either the XL or the normal O11 should support them. I prefer less unused space in a case so I'd still be tempted to lean towards the O11 unless you need the extra HDD mounts that you can put in an XL, but it's a YRMV. I haven't had any personal experience with the XL, but if it's like the O11 or O11 Mini (I've owned both) it'll still be a good case

rjbarker

^^^ Really appreciate the feedback guys.....having this 900D w my loop has made me realize changing my case will also result in some more changes....have to sell my EX480 Rad ….and buy a new 360 (recycle my RX360 and RX240), replace my XSPC Photon Rez / pump combo as its a custom mounting mechanism ( I put together back in 2014)......likely go with some EK products:

and for mounting, looks "universal enough" for 120mm fan location

Right now Im thinking....
Lian Li Case

EK Rez/Pump combo w mounting bracket above

Corsair Commander Fan Hub Controller: Mr Wilson….it supports 5 iirc…PWM Fans…assuming you could use splitters to get up to 9 fans .

360 Rad (45mm thick, looks like an extra thick Rad can fit at the bottom….then mount my XSPC EX 360 top and EX 240 side….mount the Rez / Pump off the side so its what you see looking in the front if the case…..

and if course Fans (they sure have gone up since purchasing my Noctuas in 2014.

hhhhmmm lots of ideas…loop couod be a clock wise rotation from pump / Rez at close to bottom…pump - bottom 360 - GPU - CPU - top 360 rad - too right side 240 Rad - to top of Rez

Thoughts are all welcome man!! Appreciate it….!!

Latest posts